Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Richmond on the 21st - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Richmond on the 21st (/showthread.php?tid=1201)

Richmond on the 21st - rocket41 - 04-09-2014

Anyone racing EF1 at Richmond & what about Funfighters

RE: Richmond on the 21st - secant0give - 05-09-2014

I'll be there at Richmond for certain. I'll be bringing my Rarebears. I'm sure sure Frank will be keen to go and fly EF1

I'll be flying Q-500 but if there's a free slot I'm more than keen to fly FFC (RareBears as well)

RE: Richmond on the 21st - rocket41 - 06-09-2014

(05-09-2014, 09:04 AM)secant0give Wrote:  I'll be there at Richmond for certain. I'll be bringing my Rarebears. I'm sure sure Frank will be keen to go and fly EF1

I'll be flying Q-500 but if there's a free slot I'm more than keen to fly FFC (RareBears as well)

it's hard to choose I'll bring both I am getting a bit of FF up here but no EF1 I'm keen to see if I'm any faster than last time.

RE: Richmond on the 21st - secant0give - 08-09-2014

Excellent I'm looking forward to it, It should be a great day !!

I still have to repair my Q-500 but that shouldn't take long

RE: Richmond on the 21st - rocket41 - 09-09-2014

(08-09-2014, 10:05 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Excellent I'm looking forward to it, It should be a great day !!

I still have to repair my Q-500 but that shouldn't take long

I hope there will be a good roll up of EF1's

RE: Richmond on the 21st - secant0give - 10-09-2014

Frank is more than welcome to fly my Shoestring again if He doesn't have his Invicti back and ready for action.

I don't think Claudio will miss Richmond and James is usually pretty keen as well. Hopefully Kenny will be there too. I'm sure there will be at least one Block of EF1 racing perhaps even two.

Your right tho' we do need more, they are a great plane to fly very friendly once in the air, when they are set up properly.

So I'm going to go a bit off topic just for this post.

Why arn't there more EF1s flying? They are such a nice looking plane, they are swift and with the HK invictus now on the scene there's a much more robust and cost effective airframe available than there ever was before.

It's a popular plane in the US and the EF1 racing scene there has entheasuastic patronage.

I reckon more people would fly EF1s at our field but they think they are a difficult plane to fly.
You do need to be on the rudder with them for take off, but a lot of planes are like that and the more gradually you take off the less right rudder you need to stop them veering left.

The major place where people come unstuck is, and this isn't just in Pylon racing, I think it's in RC flying in general, is they set the plane up so it's heaps harder to fly than it has to be. Why would you do that? I'm sure it's not intentional, I think it might just be a matter of experiance.

One thing that has struck me, is that when ever a really good flier has offered to let me fly one of their planes, I've found it's allways been suprisingly easy to fly. The C of G has been perfict the rates and expo are just right for that airframe, the plane is light and it's built straight and the lateral balance is spot on, the control linkages have little or no slop the prop is nicely matched to the plane and balanced. The list goes on Smile perhaps we should post a thread elswhere with a complete list.

However my point is: and Other instructors will vouch for this, sometimes you get a less experianced guy who asks you to have a fly of their plane and it's really a hand full to keep in the air, it does crazy and unexpected things and is hard or impossible to trim propperly. Perhaps this is the extreme but it's often true to varying degrees. It's difficult enough to learn to fly and it takes the average bloke conciderable effort to become a really good RC pilot. If things are made harder for him it will take a lot longer to get there and he will enjoy it less and certainly break more planes than he should. It's allways good to sort out a plane like this for someone and the bloke allways sais wow it's a different bird now or something like that.

Maybe people don't like to compete ? Some people are just not into competition I get that and that's fair enough. Why would you do something if you don't enjoy it?

Perhaps it's a commitement thing, It takes a fair bit of commitement to learn how to fly in the first place perhaps that's as far people want to go? A lot of people begin flying and get to a certain stage and loose interest as well.

In my own experiance I was never really into compepting and really it's not the competition that makes me enjoy pylon. It's more the experiance as a whole. The truly great bunch of guys that are involved in the sport plays a huge part in my motivation to get out there and the chalange of putting your very best into it and trying to improve on that is another factor. The sportsmanship in The NSW pylon Association is second to none that I've ever experianced. It's just dam good fun and so different to a normal days flying!!

It does take a certain level of skill to fly pylon but it's not really any more skill than is needed to safely fly a fast model. To get those last few seconds of your time does take more than a little practice tho'

RE: Richmond on the 21st - rocket41 - 17-09-2014

The weather for Sunday is looking good. Let's hope we get a few FF pilots turning up. Come on you FF Guys get those RareBears out and give it a go!!

RE: Richmond on the 21st - secant0give - 18-09-2014

Ill be there and im bringing my RareBears along too
Been busy fixing the Viper its ready for a test flight shortly

RE: Richmond on the 21st - rocket41 - 18-09-2014

Hey Jason what facilities are there at the Richmond Club?

RE: Richmond on the 21st - srl - 20-09-2014

I'm ready, just had a run up in the back yard.
srl

RE: Richmond on the 21st - secant0give - 22-09-2014

What a great days racing,
The Unstoppable Claudio waved the PRCAC flag taking out EF1 class by a considerable margin, I'm sure it was over 100 seconds!! Well done !!

Q-500 was won by Dr Lebronne AKA Scooter who flew consistently well and refrained from making any cuts

With SRL's excellent calling We managed to take second place

Tony J came third. With only around 10 seconds separating the first 3 place it was exciting and very close racing indeed.

It was also a day for CARNAGE in q-500 with SRL's viper being destroyed after a collision with Tony in the first race and Micky T and I destroying a plane each in a separate rather spectacular mid air encounter not long after.

Jag won F-400 which was just brilliant to watch and there were some rather close racing with for of those in a heat, On mor than one occasion I saw the 4 turn lights all come on at the same time.

Tonk H was second followed by Stuart M and pistol Pete K

here's a pic of just some of the damage