Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June (/showthread.php?tid=1145)

Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 15-05-2014

It's on again. Practice on Satterday the 30th Racing on Sunday the first!!

Come allong and fly at Pitt Town, the second nicest flying field in all of NSW (almost as good as McCoy Park)

Bring those RareBears or anything you want race, newcomers will be warmly welcomed.

Even if your not flying come and watch and cheer the brave PRCAC pilots as they risk both foam and balsa in a deadly high speed flirt with fourtune. At a pace of well over 100 mileas an hour around a coures shorter than two football fields long.

There's no backing off for the corners in pylon racing!!

So come allong and enjoy some seriously good fun and lots of fast and furious action all day!!

There will be some nailbightingly close flying action in the hotly contested Q-500 class. Where answers to such pressing questions as, "how short does Hasset really mow the lawn?" and "has Scooter visited the optometrist yet?" could be revieled.

Mark it your on calender, Let the better half know your going to be busy that weekend, wipe the dust off that helmut or buy a new one (>$10 at bunnings I hear) and get amongst it. I guarentee you'll never be the same, ever again.

See you there!!

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - BenR - 15-05-2014

Not wishing to be picky, but the 30th is a Friday.... do you mean practice on Friday or on Saturday 31st?

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 15-05-2014

Thanks Ben I must have got got carried away with the anticipation of it all.
You are quite correct.

Saturday is the practice day and it is the 31st not the 30th. Smile

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - wingtipper - 15-05-2014

WELL I TOOK 2 DAYS AL FOR THIS EVENT . EF1 HERE WE COME . MY LATEST RAREBEAR FLEW OFF INTO THE DISTANCE WITH A FADING WHINE . I'M RAREBEAR LESS . BUT THE EF1 IS READY.

I WILL SENTIMENT WITH jASON ABOUT THE ADRENALIN . THIS IS 10 10THS FLYING . electric classes come down with hot batteries and about 15 seconds of flight time left . if not , than your batteries are too big , and heavy . LOL .
Then we have the vipers , so evenly matched with that old oil smell , that we remember , no need for throttle here , these things are at full revs 15 seconds before take off , and remain that way till theyre out of fuel !!!! seeing these things rip up the sky piggy backing each other is a rush .
Of course , if your spectating , then we have the BIG GUNS !!!! WHERE EVEN THE EF1 AND VIPER PILOTS RUN FOR COVER AND DUCK JUST WATCHING THIS EVENT !!!! 300KM/HR PLUS FROM START UP TILL DEADSTICK !!!!! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED OR LIGHT WALLET FOLK @ OVER $2000 PER PLANE , YOUR WALLET WILL BE LIGHT AFTER PURCHASE OF ONE OF COURSE . THESE THINGS ARE MAINLY FLOWN BY DIVORCED OR SOON TO BE DIVORCED FLYERS WHO SWAP OUT THE HAIR CARE PRODUCTS AND TEADMILL STEP CLASSES FOR BIG BOY TOYS . but that rush !!!

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - rocket41 - 18-05-2014

is anyone taking their Trojan to Pitt Town?

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - wingtipper - 19-05-2014

*no , but i may take a p51D WITH SOUND CARD AND SPEAKERS INSTALLED .

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 19-05-2014

SRL will be there he might bring his Trojan and I'll bring mine along

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 26-05-2014

Don't forget It's pylon at Pitt Town this weekend !!

Practice on Satturday afternoon and a day of racing on Sunday !!

Get amongst it !!

http://www.nswpylon.org/field_directions.htm

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 26-05-2014

Just recieved this for those that are not on the mailing list. I've altered the @ to "at" to protect the innocent. but you know how to fix that.

Registration by 8:30 sunday morning when the pilots breifing starts. Don't be late !!

To: Peter Kerney Cc: Tony Jones , Ian LeBronne
Subject: NSW Pylon - Round 2 - Pitt Town - 30 May / 1 June 2014
Reply-To: Peter Kerney Hi All,

Finally, round 2 is almost upon us. Can you please "reply all" if you are coming and what class you intent competing in, so we can get a rough estimate of numbers.

Practice commencing 12:00 Saturday with racing ASAP Sunday morning.

Regards, Peter Kerney.

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - wingtipper - 27-05-2014

scooter@hotmail.com doesn't appear to work jason

i am not on thier mailing list . this has been brought up many times as they think i am . i cannot contact them so can you please tellm them i'm attending . i have made many attempts in the past .

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 27-05-2014

It's scooter0962

Iit should work it didn't bounce for me

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - Claudius - 27-05-2014

Hi Frank,

I've let them know you're attending.

Unfortunately, I very likely will not be able to make it... so I sincerely hope you put in your best times of the year this weekend. Smile

Give 'em hell! Thumbup

Claudio

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - wingtipper - 28-05-2014

AAAAHAHAHAHA THANKS CLAUDIO !!!!

RE: Pylon Racing, Pitt Town 30 May/1st June - secant0give - 02-06-2014

A Truly great weekend of racing!! Practice on Satterday afternoon was in perfict conditions!

SRL and I had more than exciting laps practicing the course. It was Magic to fire up the methonol burners after such a long break !! And both my planes got a good work out.

SRL had an old race plane allong for the day and managed to get it to repeatedly do things that a Q-500 really cant be made to do.?? Still not sure how does it but he did???

Manny thanks to the Gentlemen from Pitt Town for the use of their field and their impecable hospitiality!!

Congratulations to Wingtipper who flew his invictus at a blinding pace in EF1 class, blitzing the competition and getting some points on the board in round two of the championships.

From memory, Mr Micky T wone FFC class, tho' there was libberal Rubarbing over his choice of lipos, it was certainly the superb calling and gunn flying that won the day rather than the touted extra few mAh.

Jag took out F-400 by some margin with a close battle for second and third fought out between Pistol Pete and Tony H.

Q-500 went to the indomitable Tony J, with Scooter (AKA Dr Le bronne) taking second and 3rd went to yours truly.

Every one who flew was a winner.......What a day...............Looking forward to the Willows Cup and the beyond that the next round at Nowra.

Go hard, trun left and don't crash!!

See you there !!