Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Archive: Flying this Weekend... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Archive: Flying this Weekend... (/showthread.php?tid=136)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 17-08-2013

FYI

Gusty at times but many down flying.

Steve

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - IrishWolf - 17-08-2013

(17-08-2013, 12:13 PM)samste Wrote:  FYI

Gusty at times but many down flying.

Steve

Will be down even if only to set up the Bixler and Tx to mode 1,

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 17-08-2013

Tomorrows wind forecast is gusting up to 15kph, not as good as last Sunday but worth shaking the cobwebs off planes. Will be there 8.00 - 8.30 as usual to set up the field.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - IrishWolf - 17-08-2013

(17-08-2013, 07:36 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Tomorrows wind forecast is gusting up to 15kph, not as good as last Sunday but worth shaking the cobwebs off planes. Will be there 8.00 - 8.30 as usual to set up the field.

Wayne,

Will be there after 09:00

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 18-08-2013

Get in early for your flights today guys, wind forcast has increased speed. Not as bad as yesterday, but will test the lighter planes & the faint hearted.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 23-08-2013

Hi All,

Sorry Guys, But i wont be Down This Weekend or Next weekend Flying as i Have Other Committments, And unfortunately they must come first.

There are many Cafi' and Instructors more than willing to help if you need it, Buddy Etc, See Link
http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=789

There Normally One Committee Member down either Day if any help is Needed, otherwise Post Online for any Assistance or Call anyTime.

Enjoy Flying Biggrin

Steve Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 23-08-2013

The wind this month has blown & blown,
When the wind will stop, this is not known.
Forecast for tomorrow is the high side of light,
so charge up your batteries, get ready for flight.
8 -8.30 I will open the gates, so you all can come in,
I will set up the strip & greet you all with a grin.
Thanks to ChrisM, the strip will be in good nick,
and weeks of no rain has given mud the flick.
Come one & come all for a great day of fun,
get your planes in the air & soak up some sun.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Skidz - 23-08-2013

To the fisho dude from Wenty,
with lipos in excess of twenty,
wind was too strong, thumbs went all wrong,
resulting in crashes a-plenty

(pretty sad, heh)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 23-08-2013

The wind tests our flying at best,
At times it is really a pest,
Trees make the wind swirl around,
and planes head towards the ground.
Thumbs twitch to keep the plane level,
but the wind is the curse of the devil.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - chrism - 23-08-2013

No model flying for me tomorrow I am off to Albion Park, hoping to get down to McCoy on Sunday for a flight or two.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - rustty1 - 24-08-2013

I'm off for a couple of weeks with stock take,+ the weathers good,blast it! Nice to see some poetry pilots out there! Have fun everyone

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Steven - 24-08-2013

Many voices said as one
"Get a T28, you can't go wrong"
So I set the throws with the included batt,
and off to Vineyard with plane, tranny and hat
to only look like a complete mug
when my good packs have Deans and on the plane an EC3 plug.

And on that note, I'm off to Hobart to build a MPX Funcub. No promise of flying it, as the winds have been as bad down there.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - popeyepete - 26-08-2013

First time Plyon Racing on Sunday, such an exhilerating race, but you get dizzy easy...

Well this happened when i was trying to keep level and low... At full peg!

No Regrets, now need another one!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Raptorfly - 26-08-2013

Another Pylon racing Victim.Shock... its addictive though..Leet

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - wingtipper - 26-08-2013

(26-08-2013, 02:15 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  First time Plyon Racing on Sunday, such an exhilerating race, but you get dizzy easy...

Well this happened when i was trying to keep level and low... At full peg!

No Regrets, now need another one!

buy 2 . one as a spare .

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 26-08-2013

You did well Pete !!
Once you got into the groove, there were a few Laps that looked real nice !!

Wingtipper better pull his finger out or you'll be giving him some curry Wink

Shame about the plane tho, I lost my first Q500 to a mid air on the first turn of the very first race in which it flew last year at Marulin I. Luckily I had a spare and it was set up ready to go !!
I managed to finish the day with out brusing that one as well. I had another plane and my spare ready for Marulan II, because you allways need a plan B.

I have 2 Plane rarebears new in boxes at home if you want one to fly at Richmond. You can have one for the AU warehouse price if you want. But the deal is you have to come allong to Richmond on the 22nd of next month and fly it. (they are on Back order ATM)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 30-08-2013

Looks like another great day for flying tyomorrow. I will be opening at my usual time 8 - 8.30 tomorrow to set up the field unless some eager beaver beats me to it.
Decided tonight not to post my report in verse,
So could have been better, could have been worse. Biggrin

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - helijeli - 30-08-2013

I'll also be there, at a similar time,
Wayne you said that you wouldn't,
but still you did rhyme!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - popeyepete - 30-08-2013

(26-08-2013, 03:48 PM)secant0give Wrote:  You did well Pete !!
Once you got into the groove, there were a few Laps that looked real nice !!

Wingtipper better pull his finger out or you'll be giving him some curry Wink

Shame about the plane tho, I lost my first Q500 to a mid air on the first turn of the very first race in which it flew last year at Marulin I. Luckily I had a spare and it was set up ready to go !!
I managed to finish the day with out brusing that one as well. I had another plane and my spare ready for Marulan II, because you allways need a plan B.

I have 2 Plane rarebears new in boxes at home if you want one to fly at Richmond. You can have one for the AU warehouse price if you want. But the deal is you have to come allong to Richmond on the 22nd of next month and fly it. (they are on Back order ATM)

Thanks Jason for the offer, but i'll pick one up in my next order. I'll also schedule to come to Richmond.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - BenR - 07-09-2013

Heading down after batteries are charged for what looks to be a good mornings flying - but don't delay, the forecast is for wind to greatly pick up about 1pm.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - wingtipper - 07-09-2013

i was heading down tomorrow ( SUNDAY) and looking forward to it . but called into to radical crane repair unfortunately . looks like some lonely through the week flights once again .

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 13-09-2013

Weather forecast for tomorrow is not looking crash hot. 95% morning rain easing to showers in the afternoon.
Will check the weather guage tree from my front window in the morning. It is very acurate as opposed to forecasters. Depending on how much the branches are moving, determines the wind strength. If the leaves are dripping water, its raining, if leaves are dry - it's not.
Will post again early morning

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 13-09-2013

Just got home from the MAS NSW meeting and it rained most of the way home (Parramatta to Kellyville). Not looking to good for the morning.
But we will keep our finger crossed.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 14-09-2013

I have been recovering from a bug for a week only returning to work on Thursday. Althought the weather tree is not moving or dripping water and the radar is clear, the clouds look ominous. I am not sure how much rain Gazz experienced on his way home last night to predict field condition.
I may act on the side of caution & give today a miss and have another build day.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 14-09-2013

Yeh I agree Wayne, the forecast for tomorrow looks better, so I will fly tomorrow as well.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 14-09-2013

Looks like Willyweather got it totally wrong today. Called in at the field early afternoon & found the diehard fliers tearing up the skies. As Gazz said tomorrow looks even better & I will be there to maiden my SRL Extra 330 and see if I can also get my Extra 300EP to perform better. I will be opening 8.00 - 8.30 as usual. Hope to see you all there.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - brotherblonde - 14-09-2013

Gaz, I think I picked up on your deliberate? Pun.."finger crossed" ..singular. LOL

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 14-09-2013

Nice pick up Andrew.... good to see some one is paying attention!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 15-09-2013

Will be done Today around 10am Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - helijeli - 21-09-2013

Forecast is for Light winds and sunny weather. Looks like a top day for flying coming up. Will be there around 8:45.