Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Archive: Flying this Weekend... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Archive: Flying this Weekend... (/showthread.php?tid=136)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Servo - 04-06-2011

(04-06-2011, 01:33 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  No worries Mick - if it looks like it will work out, I'll be back here.

I've spoken to the PEMACS President and he will be available to let us in Sunday morning at about 10am. He reports the strip is in good condition.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 04-06-2011

Nice work Kev!
Gazz and Mick, their website is referenced back in post #1197 and there's a map to the gate included there somewhere. Great, OK, so it's back to work and charging those batteries Smile
Thanks again Kevin!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 04-06-2011

Thats great looking forward to meeting some of the guys from the club.
I will bring my Sukhoi and PC9. What say we all meet at their gate at 9.50am.
I just have to find it.
Gazz

... and one last thing!
All they ask is proof of MAAA membership - so if you stick your membership card into your transmitter case, then it's there if you'd like to show them. We didn't actually do that last time, but it would be better to produce them to put the PEMAC guy's minds at rest.

See you at the gate Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Kedumba - 04-06-2011

(04-06-2011, 07:01 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  ... and one last thing!
All they ask is proof of MAAA membership - so if you stick your membership card into your transmitter case, then it's there if you'd like to show them.
ooo, That could be a problem. I never actually got my MAAA card off Kieran or whoever it is that hands them out. I have my number on my PRCAC badge but not the actual card. Do you think this may cause a problem? I guess I could always spectate if it does, although it'd be a bit of a dissapointment

Mick

You'll be alright with your current PRCAC membership Mick, no worries.
The blokes there didn't actually demand to see our cards last time because they knew us from the Blacktown Fly-in Day, but I think that membership of PRCAC automatically means MAAA membership anyway - so you'll be flying!
All good - chocks away ...

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Kedumba - 04-06-2011

Thats good to hear. I'll bring my trojan and my wing. I'm fixing the ailerons on my Luton so if thats finished I'll bring that too. All are pretty quiet, well at least when compared to the funjets and strykers that the other guys fly.... See you guys tomorrow.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 09-06-2011

Long Weekend Smile

Who's Flying ????
I'll Be Flying Saturday, Not sure with Sunday Or Monday Yet Smile

Steve Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - paulj - 09-06-2011

I'm planning on being there on Sunday and possibly Monday
too. Hope weather is fine.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 09-06-2011

I hope to be flying most days over the long weekend too, but the weather forcast looks a little unfriendly, showers and wind. Lets hope for some fine weather.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - ~KevJ~ - 09-06-2011

yep , sunday and maybe monday .. Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Skidz - 09-06-2011

I am planning to be there most days. Wife out at state netball championships every day over the long weekend so I have a (long) weekend pass. Eye on the weather though. Looks breezy.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - brotherblonde - 09-06-2011

Dave, I think that monster Heli of yours can handle anything Mrs Nature serves up.
........the question is, can you? Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Skidz - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 06:07 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Dave, I think that monster Heli of yours can handle anything Mrs Nature serves up.
........the question is, can you? Smile

I think so Thumbup ...except cold. I don't like cold Thumbdown . My thumbs go numb and the heli starts to do.. "things" Paranoid

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 09-06-2011

Hoping for Sunday and Monday here, but the forecasts look pretty bad.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - ~KevJ~ - 09-06-2011

rain! ... BEGONE!..

there i fixed it.. see ya on sunday Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 07:15 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  rain! ... BEGONE!..

there i fixed it.. see ya on sunday Smile
If it works, then I'll fill you with JD mate!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Claudius - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 03:57 PM)samste Wrote:  Long Weekend Smile

Who's Flying ????

Hoping for a hat-trick, but only if the weather cooperates.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Drew - 09-06-2011

I'm puching hard for most of Saturday arvo (arrivng late after the mandatory kid's soccer match). I would love a second session but I can't see it happening unless the whole family is struck down with the flu (there's strong signs of sniffles and such at the mo). Although, that might curtail all my plans 'coz I'll be roped into playing nurse. Frown.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Lindamus - 10-06-2011

Im hoping to make it down this weekend, i have finally (after a couple of hic-ups) with working out why my heli was loosing power mid flight.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 10-06-2011

I'm on a couple of weeks leave as of Wednesday
I'm going to try and get a few in but if the weather's bad
I'll have plenty to do Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 10-06-2011

Am hoping to be there at least on Saturday with my resurrected P47 Thunderbolt & Apprentice to see if I get a window in the weather for a few flights. At least the commercial pilots to & from Vanuatu handled the skies better than me & I made it back in one piece. Looking forward to resuming field attendance albeit substantially cooler than the hols.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - helijeli - 10-06-2011

Should make it down Sunday morning, again depending on the weather.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - paulj - 12-06-2011

Shitty weather........................Frown
Can't see us getting any flying unless it
improves dramaticly.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 12-06-2011

You are spot on there Paul. Its 8.30 and its coming down in buckets at Kellyville, looks like retiring to the aviation room for some more building. I will have to buy some more planes Im running out of things to build.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 12-06-2011

Yes I've just finished hinging the ailerons and fitting the undercarriage on the Yak

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 12-06-2011

Well it's definitely a Disappointment with the weather Just not Giving us a break to have some nice flying over the long weekend, Lets hope It Changes Miraculously somewhat for possible tomorrow fly.
I like Tinkering and Building but Flying is the icing on Top.

Steve Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Skidz - 12-06-2011

If miraculous weather happens tomorrow, I will be coming down. Somehow, I am not predicting a miracle -- but I sincerely hope I am wrong.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - paulj - 12-06-2011

I don't like our chances again tomorrow. Bugger Frown
I guess that with so little time since that last drenching the field got
this will result in large puddles again on the strip.
Just hope the bike riders keep away as conditions would be ideal
for them at the moment.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 12-06-2011

There is definitely way too much water on the field for anything other than helis ... again.
Junior and I went over for a look at about 1:00pm and all the low-lying areas on both runways were under water as usual. He took a photograph, intending to post it here for you all to see but he forgot to post it and went off to the flicks for the evening. In any case, it's been p!ssing down again tonight so it's a building/simulation weekend, unless you're in the heli business. Although there was water lying in the car-park area, the top end of the cross-strip was alright to walk on.
Entering on foot would probably be advisable! Gumboots are highly recommended.