Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: REBEL 70 ......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New plane . EDF 70 JET .
DATA . 1.34KG - flying weight .
BATT - 2600 MAH 4S 25C
ESC - 45 AMP
SERVOS- typical cheapies but mounted well, allowing plenty of throw , and a steerable servo fitted at nose wheel .nice gauge control rods .
RECIVER - SPEKTRUM 6 CHANNEL WITH SATELLITE DSMX.
RUNNING LOAD - 39 AMP / 575 WATTS
THRUST - LESS THAN 1:1
FLIGHT TIME FULL THRUST - static test 3 min .

what do i think pre flight . Light for an edf with almost 1m wing span .@1050gm , quick and easy no fuss build , parts fit well and work , but no spar in wings , no re inforcement . i'll fly it with this in mind and not do acrabatics , so high expo and minimal throws for edf sport flying will be the go .
ive yest to come across an EDF with more tha 1:1 power to weight .
i have a 4S ALLOY EDF LANDER UNIT THERE WHICH WILL PULL 1000W @ 1.7KG OF THRUST . however that would add about 150 gm weight and draw some serious mah out of the pack , youtube seems to show some nice flying and good speed and power with this EDF JET .
IT'S ready for its maiden . !!!!!!
Looks Great !! If you want to toughen up the wings then you can add some fiber tape top and bottom I did this to my fun jet and that fairly slipps along. It also has no spar in the wings.

Rare Bears Mother perhaps!Will be good to see this jet go..
it had IT'S MAIDEN TODAY , it took off really well into a massive headwind and flew very stable , needed no trim at all ,a good guess at CG me thinks . flew for 3 minutes and landed with 3.86v per cell on the 2600mah battery .
very light plane , i was surprised that it flew quite well in heavy winds .
it needed some power on for landing and was a bit twitchy on approach , but touchdown well and just flipped on a wing . cracking the nose cone . however it was quite a good maiden , with almost no adgustment or repairs required .
nothing fancy , medium speed EDF PLANE .
Well, that's a relief.