Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: The Learjet. (Real one)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This Wednesday, 7:30 pm, 5 Sep, on channel One"..Megafactories" goes in to the Learjet factory in Kansas.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I am in a hotel room in Brisbane and I am now trying to determine if can get that channel. Fingers crossed. Nothing else on presumably.
Thanks for the heads up BB, thouroughly enjoyed the presentation. Really nice to get an insite into the actual work that goes into making one of these beautiful aircraft.
So, who is up to building on of these....?

[attachment=2896]
Ive been looking at that very bird for quite some time George.
It is very high on my list of " Iv'e gotta get me one of those".
Twin Changesun 90's with Warhead 1850 motors running on a pair of 5000 6S 40C batteries would be ballistic.
It would weigh a lot and need a bloody good set of retracts.
I recon it would be e magic bit of kit!
(06-09-2012, 03:17 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been looking at that very bird for quite some time George.
It is very high on my list of " Iv'e gotta get me one of those".
Twin Changesun 90's with Warhead 1850 motors running on a pair of 5000 6S 40C batteries would be ballistic.
It would weigh a lot and need a bloody good set of retracts.
I recon it would be e magic bit of kit!

If we had a longer runway/tarmac , I would have already build it. I simply love these. I have this one on my top list for Christmas.
[attachment=2897]
That is a very nice looking lady mate.
Can I have some spec's please?
Is it composite?
And where the hell do you get one from?
(06-09-2012, 06:11 PM)gbanger Wrote: [ -> ]That is a very nice looking lady mate.
Can I have some spec's please?
Is it composite?
And where the hell do you get one from?

Hobbyking had them in the AUS warehouse, sold out, then removed it from its listing??? here is he UK one. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=27747
Worked at Bombardier in Canada last year and walked to and from the office through the Global bizjet production lines.
It's a pretty amazing place to be, especially if you enjoy industrial deafness from rivet guns.

Still a lot better than the poor guys supervising the environmental test chambers, +50C to -40C, no thank you!
I just wouldn't want a plane that's been carting Gina Coldheart and her kids across the world at our expense. As beatiful as they are, I wouldn't model one.....