Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Full Version: SuperandCheaper Super Chipmunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Christmas present has arrived. A SuperAndCheaper special. $81 + delivery! Should be flying in the next month or two. It's a 46-size, IC conversion so are there any suggestions for a motor? Smile

Dad reckons it would go close to the size of one of the large PC-9's that we have over there. We took it out of the box and we were like "Woah!".
Looks good Owen,
Hope she flies as well as she looks.
Just be careful with "SuperCheaper" models as both Ingo
and myself have had a few bad airframes from them.
Anyway don't take that as me being mean, I just want you to
be aware that they do have some crap planes.
Hopefully, your model is a good one. Smile
Thanks for the heads-up Paul.
Yeh, you're right - we've been down the SuperandCheaper path a couple of times and know that things have to be examined closely. I guess it's to be expected when the price is considered, but I like a bit of a kit-bash. This one has a fibreglass fuse and built-up, sheeted wings - I've only had a quick glance at it myself so I don't know what the workmanship is like, but I'll probably have to re-work a couple of options.
Cheers,
Steve
Not knowing the weight of the aircraft I recon it would be balistic with a an Eflite 46 with 5S (thats what is in my PC9) or a Turnigy equivalent.
But that would suit an aircraft of that size.
Do yourself a favour and go over the airframe and add a bit of thin CA to all the joints
Nice !!!

Gazz
Cheers Gazz - will do.
The documentation says 2800 grams for the takeoff weight, but that would be a pretty rough figure as it would be assuming a nitro motor plus fuel. But, it's something to start making some guestimates with. I was thinking of something along the lines of your PC-9 powertrain, or Kevin's as a starting point ... maybe even slightly less energetic.
What's your PC-9 weigh at takeoff?