Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Videos: RC Flying

(29-01-2012, 08:57 AM)robair Wrote:  Bit sad though because he makes just about every mistake that you can avoid by joining a club.
Good point!

Steve Murray

Maiden flight of my new Warbird Texan AT-6, slightly tail heavy but so so much fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGu5U6ihrA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In the Hanger AKA Bedroom....
- Cessna 182 Skyartec 1x Red1x Blue
-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-Twister Police Helicopter 4CH
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid Lol

Looks like a model with some potential there - but you're braver than I am, flying in a public park like that!

Steve Murray

The plane is great, I think with a bigger battery then the 2200mAh it will be a bit smoother. My next stop with be at the clubs field (if you'll have me) :-)

-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

Yes, I know what you mean. I didn't even bother charging batteries on Friday night because of all the rain during the week, but hopeful for next weekend instead.

Steve Murray

Agree with Steve, not a good idea to fly there.
The close proximity of some of the houses especially the ones to your
right of where you were standing is a worry.
If anything goes wrong and you hit one you could find yourself up for
some very expensive repairs.
You are welcome to come down to our field anytime to discuss any problems you may be having.
Unfortunately you won't be able to fly without insurance here but details of how to do that
can be found on the club webpage.
Nice model, agree that it looked a bit tail heavy.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

yeah mate . nice plane . i recommend joining a club too . these planes are not toys , and horrible things can happen . if the cops see this you can also be charged . not trying to kill your fun , just advising to be carefull .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(05-02-2012, 12:38 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Yes, I know what you mean. I didn't even bother charging batteries on Friday night because of all the rain during the week, but hopeful for next weekend instead.

A blue sky day at Pemac. Shoulda coulda have had those batteries charged. Why on earth did you think it would be raining? Leet

Daniel, BHSC are cruising their parks lately. There have been a few confiscations and fines. That looks like the Masonic Schools oval so be careful. The signs prohibit flying so probably best you come down to the club and consider joining given you are now clearly addicted Smile. Like Paulj posted, check out the club joining details.

Yes it's not something I don't all the time, I only fly when there's no one on the field but still, it's not worth it.

-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

Here's a bit of fast and furious fun flown by frank, the other weekend to add a bit of cheer to this dreary weather

Enjoy Smile

bst watched in full screen mode I might add the rare bear is only little !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3FxtJtSU_g

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

That's fast!! Good filming to keep up with it, Jason.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

yeah great camera work jason! Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

(02-03-2012, 06:44 AM)brotherblonde Wrote:  That's fast!! Good filming to keep up with it, Jason.

Thanks Andrew, KevJ

The trick with filming fast moving things with the iphone is not to look at plane on the screen. You can't see it anyway, it's too small.
What I do is line up the camera with what my eye sees when looking straight ahead and hold the camera there, locked in, then look at the plane but keep your eyes straight ahead. Only move from the waist to pan and tilt, that way the camera has to follow your what your eyes see. I look over the top of the camera and keep in in my periferal vision using it as a reference like a sight. It's very easy to do once you think about it. It's the same technique used for shooting at mooving targets like clays. keep the upper body locked in, keep your site picture aligned and pan and tilt from the waist.........makes it harder to miss. Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Yeah, that's what I do too.....only not as well as you. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

Just thought I would post this video to show you some
nice jets.
This is the sort of thing I'm looking forward to doing soon
http://vimeo.com/30655541

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

That's a B29 isn't it?

Smile

nice , but it shits me how all the vids i see the vast open flats with tarmac runways better than our sydney roads. im in penrith , and i cant even find a 200m patch of ground that isnt fenced off .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

(24-03-2012, 01:18 PM)secant0give Wrote:  That's a B29 isn't it?

Smile

Yes definitely the B29 variant of the B17 Wink

Yeah oops... sorry, was just blown away by the size of it, and just didn't pay enough attention to the detail!!
Hey Paul, those jets, how easy/hard are they to actually fly? Where the heck would we actually have the space to fly anything like that? I did see that there is a RAAF club out at Richmond Airbase

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

We fly plenty of the smaller ones at our field Jonathan. In fact 50 to 60% of our members have an EDF of 2.
When our runway is actually dry enough to mow and we can use the full length. 70mm EDF,s are a regular sight in the sky.
They are not hard to fly you just have to fly them very fast..... easy!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Control line racing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chCE08fbO5E

Each to his own I guess Wink

That's just GAY...... !

try watching that with this song going over the top... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO45oUdRqTs&feature=fvst

G'day All
That control line racing was one of the strangest things I have ever seen.
I don't know if I just lost, gained or plain pissed away 6 odd minutes of my life?

Cheers
Rob B

Why Why my eyes hurt and i'm Dizzy.Mate if the Guy wanted to Catch Up all he needed was a can of baked beans the night beforeWink

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Sorry I couldn't get through the whole thing, was too whacked for me!

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

site commitee , please take note of those control line racers faces and ban them from ever entering our grounds .

G'day All

To be fair to the control line guys I see merit in the style of flying.
For example, if your "opponent" was a naked supermodel I'd be signing up on race day!
Or, being able to sledge the crap out of them with a bullhorn from the viewing area.

Cheers
Rob B

That is some weired shit...

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Those guys kind of remind me of these three guys at Blacktown the other day BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.