Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving Sale - Electric & I/C Planes

A work colleague is moving house shortly and has nowhere to store all his toys in his new house therefore he needs to off load a number them. There are a variety of models, some still in original boxes, some which were flown many years ago then put to one side.
Have a browse and if you are interested make an offer and I will pass it onto him.

Cheers
Chris M

Guan Li - P47 (830mm Wingspan)

Guan Li - F4U Corsair (870mm Wingspan)

Guan Li - Spitfire (876mm Wingspan)

Vemon - A6M3 Zero

GeeBee - with radio & charger

Electric Cub - Balsa 3 Channel - Includes motor & ESC - Built 1989

Great Planes - Cap 21 - 60 inch balsa/ply kit (40 size aerobatic model) - Purchased 1992 - I/C OS40 Motor available extra

Great Planes Nitro Cub - 76 inch Wingspan - Includes motor OS91 & fuel tank & original Futaba servos - Built 1990 - Motor no longer turns but was running at last flight and was cleaned internally with oil prior to storage.

(19-02-2013, 01:45 PM)chrism Wrote:  A work college is moving house shortly and has nowhere to store all his toys in his new house therefore he needs to off load a number them. There are a variety of models, some still in original boxes, some which were flown many years ago then put to one side.
Have a brouse and if you are interested make an offer and I will pass it onto him.

Cheers
Chris M

Chris do you have a list?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'll take that one there thanks Chris

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(19-02-2013, 02:39 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  I'll take that one there thanks Chris

I'll take the one next to it..Leet

Chris,
Any pics/link. Thanks.Smile

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I would like a spitfire but I don't know the brand, pictures don't look like it's too nice a model and it looks like an old kit.

That big cub looks nice!!

Do you think he'd take 150 for it ? It's probably a little on the light side but I can't afford any more

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(21-02-2013, 06:25 PM)Panspermian Wrote:  I would like a spitfire but I don't know the brand, pictures don't look like it's too nice a model and it looks like an old kit.

The Spitfire is a "Guan Li" model - think cheap and then halve it!
I bought one years ago from SuperandCheaper for $26 - it came with a crappy brushed motor and the fin was bent. I stuffed around with it for a while, but the stick-mount was annoying and the motor sat so far forward of the cowl that there was a 20mm between cowl and spinner. I couldn't find a way to get the fuse open enough to replace the motor and there was no specification of the CoG in the "manual" - of course, an email message to the manufacturer asking for this vital parameter was ignored. I decided to crush the thing and bin it! With perfect hindsight, I should have bought 2 x 6-packs of Oettinger with the money instead and be much happier with the outcome!

Steve Murray

(21-02-2013, 09:06 PM)secant0give Wrote:  That big cub looks nice!!

Do you think he'd take 150 for it ? It's probably a little on the light side but I can't afford any more

Hi Jason,
I will check with him tomorrow at work.

Chris M

(21-02-2013, 09:06 PM)secant0give Wrote:  That big cub looks nice!!

Hi Jason.

The models for sale are mine.

Send me a PM to arrange to come over and take a look. Im at Dundas.

Here are some more details on these models. I'm not after high prices, Id be happy just knowing they went to a good home.

I'm selling because I'm moving house and don't have room for them nor do I want to take them with me. I have plenty of models that I'm currently flying and I probably will never use these ones so they have to go. All reasonable offers considered.

The GuanLi models are all brand new in box. They were purchased about 3 years ago and never built. All parts are still in their plastic wrappers. They have stick mounted brushed motors installed but can be converted to a TP2408 or TP2409 bushless outrunner. Id be happy to get $20 each for these but make an offer. Ive heard the P47 is the best flyer of all of these but I never got around to finding out. SOLD

The GuanLi GeeBee is ready to fly complete with 36 Mhz radio. I cant tell you much about it but theres plenty of info available via google. I bought it on a whim and never did anything with it. Id probably price it at $30 but once again make an offer.

The zero was from Venom. Its about 4 years old and was flown once. I think its the same as the one now sold through HK. This one is ready to fly. It has a brushless outrunner running through a gearbox. It has servos and ESC installed and only needs your radio and a 1300 mAh Lipo.

Great Planes 3 CH J3 Cub
This is a 3 Channel J3 cub (rudder/elevator/throttle) made from Balsa/Ply with solar film covering. It was built by me from a kit approx 1988. The electrics were upgraded in 2008 with a brushless outrunner and ESC (included). Simply add 2 servos, your radio and a 3S 1300 mAh Lipo.
Last flown 2009. Flies slowly just like the real J3.
This model includes the original box with plan and templates to assist in any damage repair.

Great Planes Cap 21 balsa/ply kit – 60 inch Wingspan
Purchased 1993 but never built. Complete kit including hardware and plans. The full sized Cap 21 was the performance aerobatic aircraft of the 1980’s, long before the Extra and the Edge. Designed for .40 sized nitro motor but could easily be converted to electric power. These are a nice sport aircraft.
Not for beginners. This kit is requires some balsa/ply model assembly experience.

Brand New OS40 2 stroke motor
Originally purchased for the Cap 21 model above. Still in box, never unpacked.

Golberg Anniversary J3 Cub – 76 inch Wingspan SOLD
Built approx 1990 this model flies beautifully (google ‘Goldberg anniversary cub’ for reviews and comments). Last flown 1994 before being put into storage.
Looks and flies like the real J3 Cub. Stable flight and slow flybys are the go with this model. Weighs approx 3kg in current setup.
Includes OS.91 4 stroke motor still installed. Motor no longer turns but was running perfectly at last flight and was cleaned internally with oil prior to storage. Model still has original Futaba equipment installed.
The Goldburg Cub was originally designed for .40 - .60 2 stroke so the installed .91 4 stroke was a little overkill but sounded great. There are some electric conversions described on the internet for this model.
This model includes the original box with plan and templates to assist in any damage repair.

Ian

(19-02-2013, 02:07 PM)secant0give Wrote:  
(19-02-2013, 01:45 PM)chrism Wrote:  A work college is moving house shortly and has nowhere to store all his toys in his new house therefore he needs to off load a number them. There are a variety of models, some still in original boxes, some which were flown many years ago then put to one side.
Have a brouse and if you are interested make an offer and I will pass it onto him.

Cheers
Chris M

Chris do you have a list?

I am looking to join the Club this weekend, and have spent a few hours at the field. I would be interested in the Spitfire or Corsair but have no idea on what to offer. I would be happy to speak to your friend about buying.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

G'day Ian, It seems that you have PMs dissabled. Would tomorrow morning be OK to come over and have a look?

My email address is jason dot vanajek at optusnet dot com dot au

Just exchange the dots for . and the at for @

(22-02-2013, 04:26 PM)secant0give Wrote:  G'day Ian, It seems that you have PMs dissabled. Would tomorrow morning be OK to come over and have a look?

My email address is jason dot vanajek at optusnet dot com dot au

Just exchange the dots for . and the at for @

Hi Jason

I just sent you an email. I also checked my profile here and PMs are turned on so not sure what happened there.

Regarding today, Sunday would be best for me as I'm out most of today.

Cheers

Ian

PM's for club members only, sorry guys

How about I offer $40 for the 3 GuanLi models? Lemmie know if thats ok.
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

(24-02-2013, 09:36 AM)Kedumba Wrote:  How about I offer $40 for the 3 GuanLi models? Lemmie know if thats ok.
Mick

For the GuanLi Spitfire, F4u and P47 - Sold
Email me on ian54 at tpg dot com dot au

Ian