Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Stephen's Plane Build's, Mods, Techniques etc

This is right down my alley, I know which one i prefer Biggrin

http://youtu.be/qvWGDk1htjw

SteveSmile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

G'day Steve

Wow, that's a big difference. With the change in blade count vs same motor/ esc/ fan housing etc etc does the set up change in efficiency? Ie does current draw, thrust, watts output and so on increase/ decrease?

Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

hmmmmmm . hunts for 64mm 10 blade edf for 2nd stinger 64 . now have to look into if motor and esc can take 50% more amps .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

That sound is the reason why I have
2 x 70mm, 1x90mm and 1x120mm Changesun EDF's and
1x 90mm Stumax EDF.
You just can't beat it....only thing missing is the smell of kero
or Jet A fuel.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Aaaaaaaaaamen to that!!!
Changesuns and Stumaxs rock!!!!
Everything else is just try hard!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

wow that 10 blade sounds awesome.

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Hey Steve.
What is the flight weight of your 90mm EDF Striker?
I just weighed the Skyfun and it weighs 1.4 kg with battery.... just curious.
The standard Skyfun weighs in at 550 grams or so they say, no wounder mine doesn't exactly float in!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(17-05-2012, 05:25 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Hey Steve.
What is the flight weight of your 90mm EDF Striker?
I just weighed the Skyfun and it weighs 1.4 kg with battery.... just curious.
The standard Skyfun weighs in at 550 grams or so they say, no wounder mine doesn't exactly float in!

Stryker EDF Setup Weight complete with 5s Lipo 1.35kg.

700 grams lighter, would make a lot of Difference i Guess.

F27c Stryker Frames Tend to Glide In a lot easier and Slower as the Wing Area and Design is different to the Skyfun.

Skyfun is more for speed and tend to glide in a little faster or the nose will drop.
I use to have on my Skyfun with a lot of Elevator Throw Up to counter act and make for slower glide ins.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I hope I 'm not asking for two much! but where are you? are you in the states? I have a WingsmakerDF O32 that I baby for just to many years and it was just so painful to see it bouncing out of the ground Confused wen ever I have a hard time every time that I have to one hand launch it! I will love to pick Ur brain on power plant, Fan type and power set up! Thanks in advance!
Mark.

(03-04-2010, 10:53 PM)samste Wrote:  PANTHER DF-032 SOLVED
I have Solved the One man hand Launch and its Perfect and does not affect Flying performance and is as Easy as hand launching the F27c Stryker and Jetiger i have.
Don't Know why i didn't think of it before all i need to do now is give it a nice re coat of paint to belly and no more mishap launches.

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Plenty of Pictures showing How, I hope this Helps Anyone who purchases the Panther DF-032 in there one handed hand launch.

Samste Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

(27-05-2012, 08:52 AM)Markgerard363 Wrote:  I hope I 'm not asking for two much! but where are you? are you in the states? I have a WingsmakerDF O32 that I baby for just to many years and it was just so painful to see it bouncing out of the ground Confused wen ever I have a hard time every time that I have to one hand launch it! I will love to pick Ur brain on power plant, Fan type and power set up! Thanks in advance!
Mark.

(03-04-2010, 10:53 PM)samste Wrote:  PANTHER DF-032 SOLVED
I have Solved the One man hand Launch and its Perfect and does not affect Flying performance and is as Easy as hand launching the F27c Stryker and Jetiger i have.
Don't Know why i didn't think of it before all i need to do now is give it a nice re coat of paint to belly and no more mishap launches.

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Plenty of Pictures showing How, I hope this Helps Anyone who purchases the Panther DF-032 in there one handed hand launch.

Samste Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Hi Mark,
Sorry Mate not In the States, Down Under, but Hoping to head out your way in Orlando with the Kids for a Disney adventure one day in the future.

Heres a Clip of what i Did to help with the crasp of the Panther.
http://youtu.be/3BlvKGWozoo

Mine is all Stock Setup, i Run it with 4s 2200ma lipo in it no heavier.
It Flies Great and has a great Roll and max amps is 46 amps full throttle
Dont Bother with 3s as it wont have enough power for good flight.
I used a 60amp esc and check your timing you may need to adjust it to suit, possibly med or high depending on type of esc you are using.
Hope this Helps.

Steve Smile

Komet Build Left Photo's my new Scheme with bright yellow on Top and Fluro Green Belly. Hinge taped all Control Surfaces, Fixed damaged Parts.
Thats All, Don't want to do Too Much To It, will see how it Flies First.
Though i Think the prop is only a 4.1 x 4.1 which i may change to a 5x5 as its way out of balance and sounds Bad.

Will do a amp test later once all electrics in.

The Video That Sold me
http://youtu.be/uooIqTkdfSY

As an aside - I had another look at the Komet in the Australian War Memorial in Canberra on Monday ... wow! A bit like the "Rare Bear" of the full-sized world.

Steve Murray

yeah it looks like it will move like the Rarebear.
Being Conservative, I have balanced a 4.75 x4.75 prop and Replaced the 4.1x4.1 Don't Think it Should make Too much of a amp Difference will do some Tests Tomorrow.

I think Hobbyking are being cautious with there prop size as to not overheat esc and motor.

I know from my scorpion Sky funs running a 3595kv motor on 4s as well as using scorpion Calc at 3500kv should be approx below will confirm once bench tested, two sets of fiqures one full burst which is a Extreme measure and the other is Nominal Running Current Voltage at Full Throttle.

APC 4.1x4.1......................46 AMPS/14.8 volts.......................57 AMPS/16.8 Volts
APC 4.75X4.75..................60 AMPS/14.8 volts......................73 AMPS/16.8 Volts
APC 5X5..........................69 AMPS/14.8 volts......................82 AMPS/16.8 Volts

BENCH TEST RESULTS WITH 4s Lipo Apc 4.75 X 4.75 = 58.76 AMPS, 13.68 Vm, 813.60 Watts
................................................................... Apc 5.0 x5.0 = 72 Amps, 955 watts

Steve

My New Toy Has Arrived, This is So Cool http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ogger.html

Ready for Rental Biggrin

http://youtu.be/qG5iJeqACKw

Steve Smile

(15-06-2012, 05:00 PM)samste Wrote:  My New Toy Has Arrived, This is So Cool http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ogger.html

Ready for Rental Biggrin

http://youtu.be/qG5iJeqACKw

Steve Smile

that is juuuust toooo cooool . love it , i'd love to have one of them in the stinger . its amazing the technoligy we can get out hands on these days

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Yep, I gotta have me one of those as well .... next pay period.

Steve Murray

They are pretty spectacular, I think they would also be a great aircraft performance tuning tool.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Guys,

I have been very consevative with my Stryker Edf, Only Running 5s lipo.

Well Today I flew it on 5s with Data Logger in Model and gave it full Throttle once i turned and on straight and it managed to push 204 km/h.

Installed 6s Lipo in which i have bench tested and it it Flew Fassssssssst.
Wow i had a big smile on my face as i full throttled low pass.
Unfortunately forgot to start data Logger for Speed but i Rekon i was doing at least 260 km/h.
6 s lipo, 96 Amps, 1608 Watts
Its All 6s Power Now, no Time for 5s Anymore Biggrin

P.s Did The Prcac Rare Bear Team Proud with lots of touch and go's and full throttle flights today.

Edit Motor Specs, I'm still Under the 1650 Watts Max ? What can i Do ?
Specs:
RPM/v: 1850kv
Dimensions: 67 x 36mm
Shaft: 5.0mm
Voltage: 11.1V-22.6v [3s~6s]
Weight: 171g
No-load current: 3.5A/11v
Max burst current: 80A
Max Watts: 1650w
ESC: 100A
Resistance: 0.012 ohms
Thrust: 2650g [example based on 5 blade fan/6s combo]

I was chatting when you were flying & attentions were drawn to the EDF roar as you did the high speed passes. They didnt need a data logger to adjudicate & confirm it was faaassssst with jaws hanging waist level.

(17-06-2012, 09:30 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I was chatting when you were flying & attentions were drawn to the EDF roar as you did the high speed passes. They didnt need a data logger to adjudicate & confirm it was faaassssst with jaws hanging waist level.

Lol

Yes I was a Very Happy Chappy Today. Cant Wait to get it up again with the Gps Data logger Turned on this Time.

Steve

You do realise that the maximum current for the Warhead is 80 amps dont you Steve?
I did a 6S full throttle burst during testing and it was over 100 amps. I dont fancy your motor's chances of any longevity if you continue to pump that sort of current through it. You wont hurt the ESC, the fan or the airframe............ it would be a shame to see such a masterpiece light up.
But on a lighter note........ FULLY SICK BRO!!!!!!!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

^^^^^^ too true . i can understand exceesive short bursts . but solid sound barrier flying i think Gary is on the money , LOL .
260KM /HR . Now ive just gotta see that live .

Yes i Understand, But i was cautious in my Full Burst lengths and Motor did come down not Hot, Normally its Hotter when i'm on 5s and doing long bursts at full throttle Flying.

The Motor does get a bit of cooling too so i think i will be using both 5s and 6s options and be cautious when using 6s.

Waiting for replacement telemetry rx unit so i can see what it is actually drawing in Flight at full Throttle, as it would be a lot less i feel than Static Amp Test.

Steve

But Yes, Fully Sick It was Biggrin

Look forward to your In flight test specs my Ballistic friend.

"Go Vertical or Go home"

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

[/font]Hi Mick,

Here is the Retracts That i have in My Parkzone Trojan T28
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Pair_.html

http://youtu.be/9QfTWqRkqFw

I have since Tilted mt Retracts more Forward so there is no Tip Over

Hi Wayne

This Setup is Quite Good For Sport Flying Planes Around 1kg weight.[/i]

Turnigy Aerodrive Sk3 3536 1400kv
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Motor.html

Using a 10x10 Apc Prop and a 60 Amp Esc

Draws approx 48 Amps on 3s Lipo 2200ma -3000 ma 30c

Fyi Setup in Fornier http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=88&pid=13426#pid13426 used 1450kv but 1400kv would be nicer

Steve

Hey Steve
Here is something that I thought was gone for good... they just keep coming back.

http://rcflyer.com.au/shop/catalog/produ...p?cPath=31&products_id=183

Kinda makes you all warm and gooy inside... don't it!

A little over priced though.

You gotta love the warning at end in red!!!

Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Stryker f27 Edf 90mm Build 2

A photo of the First Of the Stryker edf 90mm i built as a Proto Type that Flew Nice till Some power Lines Got In the Way.

3.5 Hours of Build So Far not including paint and glassing dry Time.

Frame and nose Glued On

Edf and electonic/lipo compartment cut out from Frame and alloy edf mount custom made and fitted.

All carbon Spars Fitted for Strength for the 260 kmh plus speeds

More Strength with Fiber Glassing crucial areas.

Elevons to be made

Some color added

Starting on Rudder Fins, Decals Printed, elevons Painted and sealed for strength.

Love the colour scheme and will love that blistering speed when you get it into the air. Well done, another trademark Samste build.

Lookin' good Steve !!
I really liked the way the last one flew and the AWSOME sound it made

This one will be another crowd stopper !!

Will it be ready for the 17th?

You'll definitely have to take it to the Blacktown electric fly in.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci