Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Phoenix Sim

I visited your field on Saturday and was advised by Kevin to log some hours on a Sim before I purchase a plane and join the Club.

I was wondering if anyone had a Phoenix Sim with USB Transmitter for sale.

Thanks for your time.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Just to clear something up for you, Chris, the Phoenix uses a real transmitter, unlike Real Flight that uses a USB toyish one.

FYI about the product:

The cable included with the Phoenix is your typical 3.? mm stereo plug, and works with all current model Spektrum radios and most J.R. Other adapter cables are available if you own a Futaba, Hitec, Multiplex, etc... radio.

It is available with a Spektrum DX5e radio too, but if you are setting up from scratch, you are better off with a radio with more flexibility (and exponentials & end points) like a Spektrum DX6i, for example.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

[quote='Steven' pid='18748' dateline='1358171227']
Just to clear something up for you, Chris, the Phoenix uses a real transmitter, unlike Real Flight that uses a USB toyish one.

FYI about the product:

The cable included with the Phoenix is your typical 3.? mm stereo plug, and works with all current model Spektrum radios and most J.R. Other adapter cables are available if you own a Futaba, Hitec, Multiplex, etc... radio.

It is available with a Spektrum DX5e radio too, but if you are setting up from scratch, you are better off with a radio with more flexibility (and exponentials & end points) like a Spektrum DX6i, for example.

Many thanks for the heads up.

Get a DX6i minimum and get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Flight-Simulator-D...B008JVHWQM

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(15-01-2013, 10:22 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Get a DX6i minimum and get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Flight-Simulator-D...B008JVHWQM

Much appreciated.