Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Gday All

I will be down today at some stage of the game, have a mountain of clothes washing to do first.

Cheers
Rob B

Is anyone down at field today who can open gate ? key?
As i Was going to bring a few Planes Down

Steve Biggrin

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

What time are you thinking of going down?
I'm not flying today but could possibly open up the gate
for you.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Thanks for the offer Paul, Its OK, Ive Decided to Just Take a Couple Planes Down When i go down Later as I going To Run A few Errand first and not sure when ill get down.

Thanks again anyway.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Gday All

I am just about to walk out the door and head down to the field with my glider.
No need for gate opening however hope to see someone else down there so we can keep an eye on each other.
Time now 0924hrs, expect arr 0945.

Cheers
Rob B

Hi All

Sorry Guys didn't get back to now, so i hope you guys who turned up had a good time the wind was at Min so conditions would have been good.
P.s Check Members only Thread

Steve Smile

Hi all,
I thinking of going down to the field tomorrow morning (8-30am Friday 9th) for a couple of hours if anyone is interested in joining me.
Chris M

Anyone keen Today Only for a friday arvo fly ? post if so

Steve Smile

Anyone keen for a fly down field early this arvo let me know.
Wanting to Practice doing spins.

Steve Smile

I've got a window to go flying tomorrow afternoon (weather and field conditions permitting) if anyone else is available. My eldest son is off to school camp so I don't have to be back in time for school pickup.

Anytime from lunchtime is possible.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

heading down for a fly 1230

Sorry Steve,

I didn't see your reply unitl 1:00pm. It takes me a while to get there 'coz I live near Top Ryde.
Unless you are planning to hang around for a while han have a magical way to get this on the field, I'll probably have to miss this arvo Frown.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260

Drew i actually use my mobile to access forum, Hence the short messages from mobile as its a bugger writing a message on mobile.
I only thought of going down as was nearby after a job, Finished early and knew you were interested as i sometimes i keep plane in van for those rare times during the day for a quick fly.Sorry But I didn't realize you lived quite distance away as i would have posted earlier.

Did some Vid Clips, Mower Guys were out mowing area Today as well.

The quick Fly speed results on top LCD display, Height bottom LCD display.

I also noted on Mini Cam on front of Stryker Unknown Object On roof Of Units That i saw on Video footage i done Today ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif Stryker speed-new.gif Size: 90.26 KB  Downloads: 257

That's cool I partially wanted to try my new Index3 as well as get sone decent stick time with the old boat.

As I was putting final touches on the index, I discovered it to be grossly nose heavy and needed major servo repositioning to fix it. By the time it was ready to go, I was running out of plane time.

Hopefully I'll make it to a 'standard' flying session soon.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
                                  HK Extra 260

Gday, I'm not a member....yet ...but was wondering if anyone will be flying this Wed 5 th May
Thanks
Andrew

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

I may get down field Tommorow, will post about an hour before if i do get a chance for a fly as i am working nearby again.
Samste Smile

Im thinking about flying this wednesday afternoon after work.

Im will be down at the field at 4pm for about an hour if anybody would like to join me.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Went flying this morning. The beauty of a Backyard Flyer is u can do it on the local football field (a 2 minute drive away). Got over 30 minutes air time in before the wind started to pick up. Smilie

I had the same idea gary but the wind is has picked up and is quite strong, as i was keen for some 3d flying time after work myself.

kevin sounds like you got that backyard flyer set up well, so how long does the lipo last on a single flight.

steve Smile

(09-06-2010, 04:41 PM)samste Wrote:  kevin sounds like you got that backyard flyer set up well, so how long does the lipo last on a single flight.

steve Smile

I set the timer for 7 minutes and then land, that brings the cell voltage down to about 3.8v.

Kevin

Hi Guys,
If anyone is free & interested in joining me for an hour or so down at the field this morning I intend to be there from 9-00am. Given the key situation I shall be walking in.
Cheers Chris M Smile

I'm thinking of going down to the field this afternoon from about 2-30pm for an hour or so if the wind doesn't pick up. Will have to walk in unless I can get the key from Darren. Let me know if you are interested.

Anyone interested in some early morning flying this Wednesday or Thursday? I've just finished the repairs to my Cessna and need an experienced pilot to flight test and trim it?

Formation Flying. I was flying circuits with my white winged biplane down at the football field next to Duck River this morning when I was joined in the circuit by a flock of about 16 Cockatoos. After the first circuit I climbed a bit higher and opened up the circuit and the birds stayed in circuit with me for another 4 or so circuits before they started to peel off and head for the river. Then 6 birds broke off from the departing flock and came back to join me for another couple of circuits. It was a great experience but a bit difficult to keep sight of my plane in that mass of flapping white wings. It was great fun.

That would have been great to video.
Nice to see our hobby and nature combining.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

i wonder if you could bring your birds down on saturday for a "cruise" with kieran, steve and myself ..

just kidding that sounds cool .. Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

And whoever said that flying a plane cannot be considered as communing with nature?
Very nice experience, Kev!!!!!!!SmileSmileSmileSmile

Smile

Also nice to see that the birds can stay within the circuit.Smile
Not like some people we know.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(16-06-2010, 01:16 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  i wonder if you could bring your birds down on saturday for a "cruise" with kieran, steve and myself ..
I asked but they declined, it seems they have safety concerns about the chances of having head-on collisions.

Gday All

Wondering if someone may be able to help me out with the below.
Myself and some members of my team will be giving a hardcore corporate presentation in Brisbane next friday (25/06/10).
We will be going as Airport Ground Crew in order to support the theme of the presentation, what I am asking is does anyone have access to the flouro vests that ground crew wear when on the tarmac (or similar)? We require the temporary loan of 3.
Hope someone can assist with this.

Cheers
Rob Byrnes
Thread Closed