Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

... and the result is:
"Don't rush your breakfast-in-bed Ingo" - unfortunately, it's 30+ km/h winds. By the time you got your Cub in the air, she'd be in Pendle Hill. I haven't seen winds like this so early in the morning for a long time. Spend the day doing something else mate.

By the way - the only good news is that the Wallabies finally scored a win over the Springboks in South Africa - after being an amazing 25 points in front, they actually lost the lead before finally winning by 2 points when Beale kicked a late penalty. Talk about doing things the hard way ...

Happy Father's Day ... now, back to bed!

Steve Murray

(05-09-2010, 09:13 AM)yarrumevets Wrote:  ... and the result is:
"Don't rush your breakfast-in-bed Ingo" - unfortunately, it's 30+ km/h winds. By the time you got your Cub in the air, she'd be in Pendle Hill. I haven't seen winds like this so early in the morning for a long time. Spend the day doing something else mate.

By the way - the only good news is that the Wallabies finally scored a win over the Springboks in South Africa - after being an amazing 25 points in front, they actually lost the lead before finally winning by 2 points when Beale kicked a late penalty. Talk about doing things the hard way ...

Happy Father's Day ... now, back to bed!

Thanks Steve, woke up @ 5.30am as per every day - heard the roar outside & said to my wife well that that!

Hasn't let up all day - never mind hopefully next weekend will be better

All the best,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

I'm on Leave this week - wish the weather was better though. Did however manage a couple of flights with my foamie this afternoon.
Might go down to the field (and walk in) for a few flights tomorrow morning if the weather is good.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

i hope you guys get some flight in this week im going away 2morrow morning so i wont be there but weekend after im in for sure, should have a couple of maidens as well..

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Enjoy kev

Hi all
Thinking of a Late afternoon Flight This Friday Afternoon if any one is keen to Join In. Biggrin
(Post or Ring Me)

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hey Steve
I cant make it this afternoon, working late, but if weather permits I will at the field at 8.00am tomorrow morning.
Can you let us know how the strip is after the last weeks deluge
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Depending on the weather tomorrow & also if the field is not water logged I shall come down for a few hours tomorrow.

- otherwise shall try for Sunday.

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Hi All,
just now going down the field for an hour if anyone local wants to join me.

Chris M

How was the strip today Chris
It was pretty soggy on Tuesday afternoon.
I droped in for a quick fly on the way home from work and had to search for a spot that wasnt overgrown and not too boggy.
Has it improved. I bet it needs a really good mow, all this humidity and spring will have set it off.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(14-10-2010, 09:08 PM)gbanger Wrote:  How was the strip today Chris
I droped in for a quick fly on the way home from work and had to search for a spot that wasnt overgrown and not too boggy.
Has it improved. I bet it needs a really good mow, all this humidity and spring will have set it off.
Gazz

I was down late this afternoon and field wasn't too bad.
Runway damp but not soggy.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(14-10-2010, 09:08 PM)gbanger Wrote:  How was the strip today Chris
Gazz

Gary,
As Steve said the strip is not too bad as far as the water goes, but our motor bike friend has been back with some fresh dounuts in the middle of the runway. Thankfully he has not dug ruts this time and after a good mow it shouldn't be too bad, but I don't know if it will be dry enough to mow this W/E given the forcast.

Cheer
Chris M

Hi Guys,
Ingo and myself, plus some ofthers, are going down to the filed this afternnoon for a couple of hours of flying. Ingo will open up the gates from about 4-00pm if you are interested in joining us. I will be there after work from 5-30pm.

Cheers
Chris M

Not Sure if there are any keen Fliers This afternoon or Tommorow Afternoon.
Post and let us Know, Daylight Savings is Here and weather looks ok So Far For This Afternoon or Tommorow afternoon.
(But we know how the weather can change so quickly, so Weather permitting Of Course)
Like Last Year from 5 pm or for the early work leavers from 4 pm onwards Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Steve Smile

Can't make it this week but maybe next week.
We have club committee meeting tomorrow night and we kick off
around 6pm with dinner at the club.
Your welcome to join us if you would like to come.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I'm very keen for evening flying weather permitting. In the evenings is usually when the wind speeds are low......(and early morning)
I can't do tonight or tomorrow night due to work however would be keen for future weeks.........
Simon

Gday Steve

Some arvo flying would be great, however I would not get to the field until about 7 o'clock at the absolute earliest. First to last light periods are increasing so in a month or so that sort of arrival time will be sweet. How long do you usually fly for when you rock up at 5?

I swear if I do not get to fly soon I am going to go utterly mad!!
Many maiden flights await me. Smile

Cheers
Rob B

(20-10-2010, 07:44 PM)robair Wrote:  Gday Steve

Some arvo flying would be great, however I would not get to the field until about 7 o'clock at the absolute earliest. First to last light periods are increasing so in a month or so that sort of arrival time will be sweet. How long do you usually fly for when you rock up at 5?

I swear if I do not get to fly soon I am going to go utterly mad!!
Many maiden flights await me. Smile

Cheers
Rob B

Last Year we flew to dark and with my Typhoon Night Flier i can fly at night as well Wink

Steve Smile

Hi All

I will be Flying Tommorow Afternoon if anyone is keen, Hoping weather will be good.
Hope to see some other keen fliers down too ? Wink

Steve Smile

Will post via mobile when down if that helps anyone who hasn't my Number and is interested.

If Its Not Windy Today I'm Hoping to be down this Late Afternoon for a Fly.

Will post Before, if going down if any one is keen to join.

Steve Smile

heading down for a fly
Steve

Hi Steve,
I trust you had a good number of flights this evening, unfortunately I couldn't join you.
I was wondering how the condition of the field is?
Do you think the grass is short enough for our balsa tail draggers on Saturday?

Cheers
Chris M

(25-11-2010, 10:09 PM)chrism Wrote:  Hi Steve,
I trust you had a good number of flights this evening, unfortunately I couldn't join you.

Cheers
Chris M

Yes i had a lot of fun with 1/2 dozen of much needed Smile flights.
Surprisingly the Field is in good condition and the grass length is OK, though the surrounding grass is quite high which makes it quite different.

I was wondering when i was down there if Darren had mowed at the beginning of the week or last weekend as it looks in good shape, since i haven't been down for several weeks now and prob wont be down this week end either.

And yes you should be fine and i'm hoping i can get down there too.

Steve Smile

(25-11-2010, 10:30 PM)samste Wrote:  
(25-11-2010, 10:09 PM)chrism Wrote:  Hi Steve,

Cheers
Chris M

Yes i had a lot of fun with 1/2 dozen of much needed Smile flights.
Surprisingly the Field is in good condition and the grass length is OK, though the surrounding grass is quite high which makes it quite different.

I was wondering when i was down there if Darren had mowed at the beginning of the week or last weekend as it looks in good shape, since i haven't been down for several weeks now and prob wont be down this week end either.

And yes you should be fine and i'm hoping i can get down there too.

Steve Smile

Thanks for the update Steve.
Darren did mow last Saturday. I was just wondering how much the grass had grown given the heat and water we have had, plus if the bikes had been back to rip up the strip again.
Chris M

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I have to work all weekend so I wont be flying...
Hope the weather is kind to you all.

Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

All weekend again Gazz! - You'll have to learn to delegate, mate.

Steve Murray

I'll prob be available for a fly this afternoon around 4-ish if anyone else is available..........any keymasters going to be around?!!..................

The weather forecast for tomorrow looks pretty good - since we're not going to get much flying in this coming weekend, Junior and I are interested in a mid-week sortie tomorrow. Anyone else thinking the same way?

Steve Murray

yeah, I may well be up for it too. I'm working at Blacktown tomorrow so when I finish (if resonable time) I'll head over if weather is fine.
Simon

(21-12-2010, 01:09 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  The weather forecast for tomorrow looks pretty good - since we're not going to get much flying in this coming weekend, Junior and I are interested in a mid-week sortie tomorrow. Anyone else thinking the same way?

OK Simon - though we're intending on getting over there for a morning fly (sorry, didn't make that clear in my post earlier). Gotta finish off christmas shopping in the afternoon ...
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

I am planning on an afternoon flying session tomorrow if any one else would like to join me.
WORK PERMITTING I will be there about 3 pm.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thread Closed