Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Echine micro skyhunter

https://www.banggood.com/fr/Eachine-Micro-Skyhunter-780mm-Wingspan-EPO-FPV-RC-Airplane-PNP-p-1085492.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_lang&utm_content=2livia&utm_campaign=fr-Sds-rcfeedsz-fpv&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5veBRBBEiwAFTqDwaVp3k7kWjnconVLV2KhacmSNccUEn074RweqNk-La7N1tYruaMQFhoCepEQAvD_BwE

Has anyone else got one of these little hum fingers??

Could be a good little machine for FPV racing

I started putting one together a day or two ago and it was really a pretty quick build

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Will post pics soon

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

It doesn’t really strike me as a micro fpv racer, rather more of a micro fpv long ranger, but you have forgotten more than I have ever known about fast flyers... so, I look forward to seeing what you can do with this thing speed wise.

Post here prior to your next visit to the field and I’ll come down to have a looksie if I am able.

Hi Jason,
I think a club racer has got to have a number of attributes to make Great.

Lets face it has to be great for anyone to buy one and get into racing it.

What does this air frame have that makes it a good club racer???

1) It is fast but not beyond the ability of most RC pilots. It's a lot easier to fly than a rare bear but not a lot slower.
2) It's cheap at $94 including postage. Its a bargain !!
3) It's about the most complete and fast assemble kit you could hope to get. Everything is pre installed. There's a lot less work to put one together than a rarebear. Just glue the two tail booms on with zap and the horizontal stab between them and it's done. I moved the aileron control rods in one hole on the servo end and had to use a small drill to open the inner hole up to fit the rod. You could also just reduce the rates a little at the expense of a small amount of servo resolution.
4) It's versatile, Can be raced FPV or the usual way and FPV is no issue to set up as Echine makes a little camera and VTX just for it.
5) It's very durable, it looks like it could take a beating and a half.
6) Being a pusher and quite light it's probably quite a bit less likely to cause serious injury if it hits someone.
7) I think almost every one could afford one and have the time to put it together and the skills to fly it aren't over the top either.
8) SRL will agree, that we want something that is cheap and simple and all the same, to make the racing is about as equal as it can be. That way everyone has an evan chance to win and join in with the same level of plane. We don't want an arms race where motors ESCs and LIPOs are getting bigger and bigger all the time and the planes are getting heavier and harder to fly. We'll use one type of battery pack a 25c 3S 1300 or 1350 because these are common packs and not expensive. With this pack the stock ESC and motor combination is reliable and not in any way stressed. It all fits well and the C of G is perfect.

Here is a video of one flying, I'm sure it's swift enough to be fun but not over the top.

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Micro-S...mds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

here's a pic

For the paint I used auto acrylic from super cheap auto, It's light, dries fast and hard, EPO foam can handle solvent based paint no probs.
I wouldn't use enamel tho. I did once a parkzone Trogen once and it shrunk and bent the wing tips down a little plus it took for ever to dry.

Micro Sky Hunter Echine photo My Sky Hunter_zpswlwwfdfd.jpg

I flew it for the first time yesterday. Pete gave me a hand and launched it for me so I could have both thumbs on the stick in case there were any surprises. There were none. It flew straight and true and only needed a couple of clicks of trim for it to fly the length of the field hands off.
It's reasonably swift but not crazy fast. It's quite nice to fly really, nothing nasty about it al all. Easy to land just watch the verticle speed as it comes down quite quickly as it begins to slow up. Really very pleasant to fly for such a small model.

Printed up a camera mount for the little chine 3 in one fpv system from echine

photo 5BC49B1C-021A-4EB7-95BD-D9AA427584B1_zpsnfmeq6yb.jpeg

photo 9E713F11-ACB7-44D0-8A98-D450F72C177A_zpsh3tuggyw.jpeg

(23-10-2018, 08:50 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Printed up a camera mount for the little chine 3 in one fpv system from echine

photo 5BC49B1C-021A-4EB7-95BD-D9AA427584B1_zpsnfmeq6yb.jpeg

photo 9E713F11-ACB7-44D0-8A98-D450F72C177A_zpsh3tuggyw.jpeg

Here's some flying video from it's onboard camera

Here is a quick video of the camera holder

Http://youtu.be/EB1EhuhNamo

Was that today or the weekend just passed Jason?

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

It was last weekend ie the 3rd or the 4th

I

Tttt

I
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/pv3PX9Y_R78[/video]

Tttt

It shows sold out.....

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-airplanes/pp...id=1433363

They are back!! and nicely priced at $55 you cant beat that

The big one is available here too. I have a couple of these set up with Pixhawks they fly beautifully

here's the link to the big one https://www.gearbest.com/rc-airplane/pp_...id=1433363

(11-04-2020, 08:48 PM)secant0give Wrote:  https://www.gearbest.com/rc-airplanes/pp...id=1433363

They are back!! and nicely priced at $55 you cant beat that

The big one is available here too. I have a couple of these set up with Pixhawks they fly beautifully

here's the link to the big one https://www.gearbest.com/rc-airplane/pp_...id=1433363

Think I might split the difference, buy a little one and put a pixracer in it.

I like building small aircraft, it seems beautifully sized for 3 or 4 18650 cells and I have all the necessary gear. Plus it’s cheap and every single fixed wing aircraft I’ve added autonomy to since 2013 has been a delta, so it would seem a great next build for me.

Thanks for sharing.

That sounds like an interesting build!!
I’m sure it will fly well with a pixracer

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/3298331810..._0000_0105&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32983318107&aff_trace_key=e73ab28dcd744a5684dbf5b7e62b349d-1586665754666-05406-_etFMgO&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=9866amp-ee4LbGkKjJzX6vy0eTrh2A1586747743858&browser_id=95edbe0d9122467096ae5607ad1ca960&is_c=N

Here’s a link to a mini Pixhawk kit for 76AUD

Looks like you can get these locally now for $89
That’s not at all bad
Here’s the link

https://www.phaserfpv.com.au/products/so...racingwing