• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

New Addition to the hanger.

(04-02-2012, 04:54 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Seb Art Sukhoi 29S 140E Completed

Flight Weight 5.4 kg
Hacker A60-24S
10S 5000mAh 25-50C Nanotech
Platinum Pro Opto 120amp ESC
Full throttle 63 amps static

JEEEEEZZZZ GARY !! thats an awesome looking plane . love the setup .
ive put hours into this thing . hitech micro servos (metal geared , 4kg pull ) ,hitech HS-5085MG.
C5055-700KV BRUSHLESS OUTRUNNER MOTOR, carbon fiber servo arm extensions 15x6 lightwood props turnigy brushless ESC 85 AMP , did a bit of fibroglass repairing , re inforcing of wing structures , some covering ( coverups) fitted my DX6i dual receiver , and some 2 1/2 inch rubber wheels . getting there , waiting on motor delivery , props , spinner , and 3x 6S 3000mah X 20C battery packs . along the way ive bought toools tools and tools , balser and plywood , + glues etc getting there . cant wait to see it in the air , hope it gets some air time .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Looks nice Frank. Is that the 30 or the 50 size, I had a Seb50 Katana in the black and yellow but one of the wings literally fell off at about 200 ft and she died. Sold what was left (which was actually almost all of the aircraft apart from some minor damage to one wing and the rear of the fuse) to Jason, I would recon he will have it in the sky very soon.

Buy the way Jason the prop I am running on the 140 is a 20 x 12.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(06-02-2012, 10:23 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Looks nice Frank. Is that the 30 or the 50 size, I had a Seb50 Katana in the black and yellow but one of the wings literally fell off at about 200 ft and she died. Sold what was left (which was actually almost all of the aircraft apart from some minor damage to one wing and the rear of the fuse) to Jason, I would recon he will have it in the sky very soon.

Buy the way Jason the prop I am running on the 140 is a 20 x 12.

well GARY , it's your old one . jason knew i had my eyes out , and for the price , i could not refuse . hehe. its a good start for me , and has allowed me to get my old building practice back again , whilst at the same time buying some gear .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

nice work gaz its a bloody beauty cant wait to see her in the air.
and nice rebuild frank Smile

the old man finished up one for me today also , its a little cousin of your too sebarts Smile

i cant wait to get something in the air that i can throw around abit more Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Hey Kev that last photo is reverse image.
Notice the decals look like they are back to front.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Welcome to the club Kev, That will be a very nimble beastie for sure.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Nice We should see some very nice planes at the field if the weather holds for the weekend

I have my fingers crossed !!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I wont be flying at all this weekend... unfortunatley !!!!
We are moving.
The good thing is its 5 minutes closer to the field..... and you gotta love that.
The best thing is I will have 1 bedroom as a hanger and a second one as a build room/ workshop................... SWEET !!!!!!!

Frank.... You might want to rethink the prop on the Katana, I was running it on a 6S 5000mah with a 85 amp ESC it used to come down only warm after 5 minutes and it was certainly not over proped.. just a thought!
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Gazz - if you want a hand moving house, then let us know. I've got Junior working out with weights at the moment, so he might as well use the energy doing something useful!

Also, the way the weather is looking - you won't be missing out on much flying this weekend anyway.

(07-02-2012, 03:50 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I wont be flying at all this weekend... unfortunatley !!!!
We are moving.
The good thing is its 5 minutes closer to the field..... and you gotta love that.
The best thing is I will have 1 bedroom as a hanger and a second one as a build room/ workshop................... SWEET !!!!!!!

Frank.... You might want to rethink the prop on the Katana, I was running it on a 6S 5000mah with a 85 amp ESC it used to come down only warm after 5 minutes and it was certainly not over proped.. just a thought!
Gazz

doing a search on the KATANA GARY , i noticed people are running 6S 5000mah , 30-40C batteries , with 14x7 or 13x8 PROPS .
WHAT do you suggest ? i was thinking the 15x6 might be a little too big , and have plans for a 14 x7 also .
any suggestions welcome , cheers .

ALSO KEV , nice colour scheme there mate , what are the specs on the setup ?

hey frank im attempting to run it on only 3s inititially (yes this is odd for me i know)

its a 35-48 970kv on 14x7 aiming for about 700-800 watts on 3s nanos, looking to test on 2200mah to see but if its ok i think 3300mah 3s nanos would be ok..
if that doesnt feel right ill go up to 4s and maybe prop down to a 13x6 and i reckon it will hang on prop at half throttle.. its very very light compared to the planes i usually fly so im not sure what to expect im pretty excited to fly it Smile
at the moment at home it climbs vertical under its own weight easy just on the 3s nanos.. i guess ill find out soon enough Smile

i have a bad servo chatter atm so i need to swap out rx and esc to see if i can eliminate that its pretty bad.

dad, i held the plane in front of plasma tv to get that lazy shot with my phone thats why its all backwards Smile

rob, if your reading this and saw tape on my prop and thought it was some imposter that was holding that plane cause i dont balance props its cause dad did it.. lol

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

(07-02-2012, 04:56 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  hey frank im attempting to run it on only 3s inititially (yes this is odd for me i know)

its a 35-48 970kv on 14x7 aiming for about 700-800 watts on 3s nanos, looking to test on 2200mah to see but if its ok i think 3300mah 3s nanos would be ok..
if that doesnt feel right ill go up to 4s and maybe prop down to a 13x6 and i reckon it will hang on prop at half throttle.. its very very light compared to the planes i usually fly so im not sure what to expect im pretty excited to fly it Smile
at the moment at home it climbs vertical under its own weight easy just on the 3s nanos.. i guess ill find out soon enough Smile

i have a bad servo chatter atm so i need to swap out rx and esc to see if i can eliminate that its pretty bad.

dad, i held the plane in front of plasma tv to get that lazy shot with my phone thats why its all backwards Smile

rob, if your reading this and saw tape on my prop and thought it was some imposter that was holding that plane cause i dont balance props its cause dad did it.. lol

very interesting kev

of course my sbach is obviously alot smaller than your katana frank..

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

G'day Kev

Woahh, only 3S and, I don't believe it, a balanced prop?
You must be sick or something.
Really sick.....
Deathbed sick even....
Smile
Cheers
Rob B

Frank.
Here is the link to the build manual for the Seb Art Katana 50E

http://www.sebart.it/download/Katana%20S...0INTRO.pdf

You will notice the prop recommended is 16 x 8 but that is running 5S.
I was running a 14 x 10 on 6S. (Sorry my last post on prop size was the wrong plane. I run the 16 x 8 on the Sukhoi 50 with a more powerful motor)

Steve.
Thanks for the offer mate. I will see how I am travelling Saturday afternoon, I might just take you up on that offer for a little assistance Sunday. Will call you Saturday evening.
By the way.... there will be COLD beer.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

hey thanks GAZ . i didnt know that , i'll check out the link . very helpfull thanks .

(07-02-2012, 08:00 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Steve.
Thanks for the offer mate. I will see how I am travelling Saturday afternoon, I might just take you up on that offer for a little assistance Sunday. Will call you Saturday evening.
No worries Gazz - all good!

Kev, I reckon go 4s for a plane that size, if only to get the amps down and run smaller capacity batteries. Asking 700watts out of a 3s2200 is pushing it, even a nano. 3300s will be better but if you want to be prop hanging and 3d'ing, you're better off keeping the weight as low as possible.

yeah checked again its currently pulling about 55a static , im not sure how many watts..
you think 55a is too much for 3s 2200's?
if so ill have to grab some 4s 2650's maybe, hmm
either way ive got a terrible servo chatter going on that im really wanting to reduce at least b4 maiden, i changed the esc and rx to the ones from my pc9 cause i know they were good and its still there.. hmm .. ill look again tomorrow its too late and noisy

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Is it only one or allof them. Servo chatter is usually caused by the servo's internals Kev, could be the wire from the receiver or the connections, swap the servos around and see if the chatter stays in the same servo.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(07-02-2012, 11:27 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  yeah checked again its currently pulling about 55a static , im not sure how many watts..
you think 55a is too much for 3s 2200's?
if so ill have to grab some 4s 2650's maybe, hmm
either way ive got a terrible servo chatter going on that im really wanting to reduce at least b4 maiden, i changed the esc and rx to the ones from my pc9 cause i know they were good and its still there.. hmm .. ill look again tomorrow its too late and noisy

That should be around 660 W for 12V but depends on how much it pulls the voltage down, which I guess, wouldn't be that much with nano techs.

If it's pulling 55A then that would be equivelent to 40C with a 2200 pack. Since you probably won't fly it on full peg all the time it'll be OK But I'd reckon those nano's should handel 40C allright, I've never used them my self tho I can's say for sure.
I'd reckon this would be as far as it might be prudent to push things Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

ok yeah so im on the edge.. well perhaps suitable for a short maiden just to see how she goes..
ill swap some servos around and see what that does ..

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

(07-02-2012, 08:00 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Frank.
Here is the link to the build manual for the Seb Art Katana 50E

http://www.sebart.it/download/Katana%20S...0INTRO.pdf

You will notice the prop recommended is 16 x 8 but that is running 5S.
I was running a 14 x 10 on 6S. (Sorry my last post on prop size was the wrong plane. I run the 16 x 8 on the Sukhoi 50 with a more powerful motor)

Steve.

yeah the motor came tonight , gave it a quick install , with the 6s 20c 3000mah battery pack and 85 amp ESC . the 15x6 prop was too much for it , it pulled around 115 amps , it now has a 13x8 on it and pullsa around 60amps at 3/4 throttle and about 85 amps at full song . the motor is good for continual 60 amps all day , so the 13x8 is probably the go , i'll try a 13x6 , and 13 x 7 also . massive pulling from the 15 , and 13 props . the 13x8 i reckon has a 1.5:1 power to weight ratio AT A GUESS .

ON another note , i got a stinger 64 from hobbyking AUS warehouse today , just have to put it together .
bit more work to do on the KATANA , before she gets up in the air , with a little pilot help , but building and modding , and fitting and then setup is all part of the fun , i'll get there soon . hardware is crazy , the more you buy the more you realize you dont have .

The internet, online hobbyshops, consumerism, a capitilast society and "rainy" La Ninio are bad ingredients for model areoplane stockpile syndrome...
Yes I own more than I can make ( I am a slow builder, beer usually takes over or I like reading a good book)

Had my heart set on a tigermoth as this is my 'birthday week' yes 'week'.... :-p

....but we can't afford it. I got a sea fury on pre-order from modelflight but who knows when that will be in stock. (that was a few weeks ago anyway)

on order, so is my fury... http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/H...28-10.html F...n HUGE! when am I goin' build the rest of my lot..!?

Wow, yes Arron - very impressive, and using a similar language to Gazz, it "will require a good set of testicular appendages!" with regard to the power train.
Don't know what you're planning, but I'd be considering a maiden at PEMAC (or maybe Blacktown) for the extra space which tends to reduce the stress-levels on occasions like that when it really counts.
Looking forward to seeing it - I expect it will have loads of presence!

wow azz thats a big ass wing on her! wont miss it in the air for sure Smile
nice step up man i like it Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

What is really impressive about this plane is that it's light!!
at the Max suggested flying weight of 4.3Kgs it's got a wing loading of only 20oz per Sqft
That is very light for a plane this size and at the minimum sugested weight of 3.7 has it only just over 18oz per sqft.
What this boils down too is something that's going to fly very easily indeed. I reckon it won't need much space to land at all. By way of comparison, my Yak 55M of similar size, has a wing loading of 25oz per sqft and that is easy to fly and land at McCoy field. The Artemis has a wing loading of just over 18oz per sqft and is super easy to fly.

Well done !!

I reckon this is a top choice of plane and I reckon you'll realy enjoy flying it. There's nothing like a big model, especially a light big model, they just fly so nicely!!

WOW . that hanger 9 is a nice looking plane . that is the style i like . reminds me of the super sportstar 40 i once owned , except much bigger . interesting to see how you set it up .

For those of you that asked to be notified. "Consider yourself notified".
I am planning on maidening my Seb Art Sukhoi 140 tomorrow at Penrith, not to mention a few laps with the mighty DW. Hope to see you there!
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thread Closed