Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

For Sale - T-Rex 600 ESP Special Edition - Airwolf

Gday All

For sale is a beautiful T-Rex 600 ESP Special edition heli wrapped in a Heliartist Airwolf body.
I do not have the skills to do her justice and would much prefer she went to someone who can really fly.
Receiver is a Spectrum with satellite, cannot recall what model however 99% sure it is an 8 channel. All swash servos are original digital Aligns, voltage regulator is also the original Align as is the ESC. Note the landing gear retract servo is a coreless Turnigy 959.

I am asking $700.

Also included is;
Original T-rex canopy.
Original T-rex skids
Spare main blades -unopened
Spare tail blades - unopened
Original batteries, suggest a thorough check before using, you may prefer to replace with new ones.

A note on the landing retracts, the original design sucks and does not work reliably, it runs off the 959 however the links to the main gear really need a small digital servo for each of them to be reliable. The retracts will need a bit of work.
There is also some minor hangar rash, small chip out of the tail fin where the tail skid attaches and also side fins on the tail boom need replacing as my cat used them for a nice scratch. All simple fixes.

The heli was originally built by ex club member Gazza Grant, when he built something it was built to perfection, this heli is no exception to the Gazza rule and I have had zero issues. Overall flight time for airframe is very very low, it has likely spent under an hour all up in the air.

Inspections welcome. Give me a yell on the moby 0413 943 290 or reply to post.
I am located only a few minutes from McCoy field in Toongabbie.

For some flight action with Brotherblonde on the sticks + a bit of info on the gear issues please see;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XlmEaif1GM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfIVH9ojc0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1aUQmQhLk

Cheers Rob B

[attachment=5197]
[attachment=5198]
[attachment=5199]
[attachment=5200]

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Withdrawn from sale
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

A shame you haven't sparked any interest from any members for such a quality Heli.
I guess there aren't many Heli flyers in our club. I personally am still on the seemingly long road of Heli training with the Helis I have, before I upgrade to a bigger, better model.
I wonder if yours being a Flybarred version (I love my flybarred Gaui 550, still flying 4+ years on), has affected interest. I think many Heli Pilots seem to gravitate towards Flybarless these days.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Gday Mr JellyV
I think quads are all the rage now, the heli learning curve is light years steeper and is not everyone's cup of tea.
Having said that these things happen for a reason so I guess she stays with me.
I do enjoy flying her and the sheer presence of her in the air is something I will never tire of, funnily enough after I posted the withdrawn from sale I had a quick hover in the backyard and was more comfortable than I ever have been. It wasn't the usual scary experience I have been used to. Busted a bit of a psychological barrier by chance methinks.
Time to get down to the field and fly the pants off her is on the cards for sure.
Conversion to flybarless may be considered to make her more scale, thanks for planting that thought in me, I'd never considered that.
I also still have the option of throwing her Brotherblondes way for a more serious thrashing.
So I'm happy all round.
Take care mate.
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Good to hear you're keen and look forward to seeing you down at the field.
I always refer RC Heli flying as a love/hate relationship. Depends on your state of mind, tiredness etc, as to your flying experience. As you said, definately a steep learning curve, which is what I like about it, would quickly become boring if it was too easy, but also leads to frustration at times. Today for example, was a bit tired (stayed up till 1am watching 4 episodes of "Walking Dead" with the wife), so found the concentration slightly lacking. Having said that, had a ball throwing the blade 450x around, but then a bit nervous with the bigger Gaui 550.
Definately need more Heli Pilots at the field, so come on down!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Yep, you've got to be on your A game with the heli flying.
It's a good stress and challenge. Flying my drone is a no brainer in comparison.
See you at the field heli pad soon.
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

G'day Rob, she's a lovely heli, the Air Wolf. I've always loved the shape of the Bell 222 heli that I believe it's modeled on. I'm hoping one day I can fly RC helis like this.
Even on the sim I find it somewhat hard to control, maybe I'm not yet ready to consider helis until I get more proficient with fixed wing...

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Gday Todd
Don't let the helis intimidate you. They just take a ton of practice and patience.
I learnt on my twister 3D storm and it was many many hours before I even lifted her off the ground.
The first step is to slide her around on a smooth surface on the ping pong ball training legs and get used to the controls and fine tune the Tx settings. You are not going to break anything starting that way.
No reason you can't learn a heli at the same time as fixed wing.
Most importantly have fun as you learn the subtle craft of RC flying, the PRCAC members will be your greatest asset, a ton of experience to draw on and the best bunch of people you'll find anywhere.
Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3