Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Just adding to Kev's description on binding the Rx.
You have to be pressing and holding the trainer switch on when you turn on
the Tx.
Your Rx will start beeping and led will flash until it finds the Tx.
Once led is constant you can turn off both Rx and Tx and remove the bind plug.
Then turn Tx on first and then plane and Rx should be ready.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Hope weather is good tomorrow as I've got a couple of
Electafun modifications to try out. Icon_twisted
Kieran I'll give you a call tonight on messenger.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

hey kizz, about that surprise..
you didnt by any chance by a f5d pylon racer? Icon_twisted

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Z0pCVINX0&feature=related[/youtube]

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Umm, Kind of! It's a Great Planes Siren! A "Warmliner"

Your Dad guessed it first!

Holding the gliding record with the Stryker wasn't enough, I think with this I should be able to lock out all the records for a little while :P A build thread was to appear after the Decathlon re-maiden and for reference, yes that wingspan is taller than me!!! It's still a long way off as there is a lot of work to go in installing the servo's securely and fitting all the electronics properly in the carbon fibre fuselage so that the rx still works. I still have to find someone to supply a prop as everywhere (And I mean everywhere!!!) is out of stock of the sizes I need.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

nice work kieren look forward to checking that out Wink

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Gday All

Thanks for the tips on the 2.4 bind, I was indeed not holding the Trainer Switch on, can't seem to find any reference in the manual that states that though?
Kieran that glider looks kickass, cannot wait to see it fly, especially in your hands

Cheers
Rob Byrnes

You shouldn't have to hold the trainer button on the DX7 as there is a dedicated bind button on the back.

You plug the bind plug in, apply power to RX then Turn on TX whilst holding the bind button on the rear. Make sure the throttle is closed as the fail safe is set at this point.

Sorry I gave you wrong info Rob.
DX6i needs you to hold the trainer switch.
Did not know that DX7 had a dedicated bind switch.
Hope you have got it working ok.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

apologies for my bad info too, although it doesnt really matter as long as you got there in the end Biggrin

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Gday All

Bind successful, trick was to totally ignore the Spektrum instructions and hold the bind button for bloody ages.
Now all I have to do is work out why all my servo centres have changed? :?
Large amounts of mechanical adjustments needed to get everything back to "normal".
However, the fridge is lusciously stocked with beer so no problems actioning that tonight!
Thanks for all the help re this!!!

Cheers
Rob B

Will be down from 0900 as usual, I have a feeling it may be a bit windy tomorrow so will post from the field if its ok, keep an eye on the site before you leave

:cry: go away wind!!!

fingers crossed mate , hope to see ya there with my little fella round 9:30 with no wind 8-)

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

no wind and no rain at schofieldds, very cloudy overast tho..

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hope flying was good for you guys today
Sorry Ingo missed you again, playing in the snow this weekend, will keep the wing for you hopefully next visit.
My brother wanted to know how the snow was, so i did a clip for him to see for himself.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmygh9Z5LWQ[/youtube]

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Nice ski run Steve.
Was that using the key ring camera?
Not bad if it was.
Weather today in Sydney was great for flying.
Unfortunately Kieran (flying Darren's T28 ) and Kev (flying his T28) got a little too close
and had quite a spectacular mid-air collision.
Both planes were extensively damaged. I have Kev's trojan here at home and I've managed to
reassemble the fuselage and wing but it looks like the motor and motor mount are cactus... :roll:
The motor runs but there is a strong burning smell and the shaft/prop are both bent.
On a lighter note, both Kev and myself got our bronze wings today so we were both very happy until
the disaster occured.
My Electrafun is now flying great, increased control surfaces and ailerons both made a big difference but
I also added 100grm weight to the nose of the EF and I think that made the biggest difference.
As I did not want to put multiple lead sinkers into the nose I found an old large socket from a long unused
socket set that just happened to weight 100gms. Smile
Enjoy the snow, see you next week.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

yeah steve you certainly missed some good action, we had a right old dogfight! Biggrin

unfortunately neither myself or kieren wanted to be the one getting shot and so in attempt to loop behind each other we pretty much both looped straight over and had a full on head on collision , darren has red paint from my cowl on his prop adapter so i believe he and keiren are claiming the win yet i decapitated his pilot figurine and my whole cockpit floated to earth in tact so im also claiming victory... Icon_twisted

anyway here is some actual footage.. Lol
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBrJ1Cc0s4[/youtube]

I think the lesson to be learnt for me is DON'T get involved in ultra close combat flying when you only own one plane ... Frown

at the end of the day there is no blame we were pushing it and sh%t happens , i will be having a break from the combat scene for awhile tho as i need something to fly! :roll:

anyways fingers crossed paul can glue her together enough to be flyable and i guess my engine mod came faster than i expected..

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Airframe is all back together again.
Wing too is now repaired.
Luckily most of it went back together like a large jigsaw puzzle. Smile
Now just touching up the paintwork so that at least it looks presentable.
Definitely new motor,motor mount, cowling and prop needed.
Esc is OK front wheel steering is ok but I've got to work out how it was attached to the rudder
servo as the pushrod has what looks like a lead sinker attached to it at the servo end.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Yeah, really sorry for the "incident" Kevin.

Darren's T28 motor has now been transferred to my Cessna. Kevin, I know your keen to try out flaps but I'd like to discourage you from cutting up your wing to do it, it fly's too sweet! Instead you can have your flap fun with my Cessna until you get bored of them (Like I did)

you know your probably right kieren and now that she has had a big structural impact its probably best i dont cut anything more out of her Smile
especially considering im ordering a 35-36 to wack in there on a nice new aluminium motor mount i ordered last night Smile

i just need to find a cowling... thats going to be the hard part...

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

~KevJ~ Wrote:yeah steve you certainly missed some good action, we had a right old dogfight! Biggrin

unfortunately neither myself or kieren wanted to be the one getting shot and so in attempt to loop behind each other we pretty much both looped straight over and had a full on head on collision , darren has red paint from my cowl on his prop adapter so i believe he and keiren are claiming the win yet i decapitated his pilot figurine and my whole cockpit floated to earth in tact so im also claiming victory... Icon_twisted

Sounds like if was some good action down at the field and no power lines. Missed the action bugger
Would've have been great to have some video footage for air crash investigation Wink
The you tube clip will have to do.

Serious note, I hope both Trojans are back up and flying again soon, as there a great plane in the air and they look great too.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Well it certainly was an eventful weekend - a bit difficult to rank all the highlights, really. If I had to though (in no particular order) ...

- The "Trojan Tragedy" was unbelievable in a couple of different ways
- Darren's PC-9 really shook things up, heaps of presence every time it went up
- We actually had two magpies chasing planes this afternoon, I hadn't seen that before
- Managed to get sunburned, and it's only August Frown

... looking forward to next weekend, just got five days of work to negotiate beforehand!

Steve Murray

Gday All

Shame about the midair however a bit of glue and a quick buff should set things straight, I always seem to miss out on the "good" stuff.
Kieran is obviously your basic menace in the air. I propose a new word to be added to the Club vocab, "Vella'd"
For example:
Q-What happened to your aircraft, why is it in 50 bits?
A- It got Vella'd
Q - Did you hit the power lines?
A- Nope, I just told you, it got Vella'd.

I saw Darren ripping his PC9 about from my house and I must say it looked absolutely amazing, and, I could just hear it from this distance.
Bloody good stuff.....

Cheers
Rob B

Quote:Shame about the midair however a bit of glue and a quick buff should set things straight

Rob,
Don't think so in this instance.
Darren's plane got totaled Frown
In fact the motor is now in Kieran's Cessna and his wing is destined to go on
Kev's plane. The plane was only bought on Thursday.

It was a BIG hit Frown
There are just so many pieces that you can successfully glue back together and I think
in this case the number was exceeded. Smile

Kev's will fly again but it remains to be seen just how well it goes.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

That's a big shame that repairs would be too extensive. A midair is obviously a bigger hit than the powerlines however both seem to be pretty terminal in most cases.
Bad luck story for sure.

Cheers
Rob B

Fear me for I am the destroyer of all things in flight!!!! Rarrrrrrrrr! Icon_twisted

In this case it was an amazing effort to even get that close let alone head on, I will always look at the red paint on the spinner of my Cessna and give a moments silence Wink

Rob where were you on Sunday!? I was expecting a big yellow cub! HobbyKing order is going in so let me know what you want asap.

kizza42 Wrote:Fear me for I am the destroyer of all things in flight!!!! Rarrrrrrrrr! Icon_twisted

In this case it was an amazing effort to even get that close let alone head on, I will always look at the red paint on the spinner of my Cessna and give a moments silence Wink

lmao Lol

i have a wad of blu paint on my "ex-spinner" also. i learnt a lesson to always back off throttle in accident too as my motor fried although in defence it was my first ever "incident" and it was a big one! Biggrin

paulj Wrote:Kev's will fly again but it remains to be seen just how well it goes.

Paul

well here's my theory... when in doubt of your planes structural integrity due to a massive mid air collision , just add a heap of glue and whack on a bigger motor..perhaps it wont fly straight and perhaps it will go down in flames, but one things certain it will be moving fast when it happens Icon_twisted

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

That is a great theory, witness my Stryker... 3 years old and still turning the odd head! Every flight I expect it to turn into a comet (or Crater) but it continues to disappoint Wink

No doubt about you Kev.
When you decide to do things you do it in a "BIG" way. Biggrin

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Quote:Fear me for I am the destroyer of all things in flight!!!!

Kieran, The human magpie................... Biggrin

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

I'm Back and Thankfully not vella'd Lol

Steve

Thread Closed