Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Stryker Found!!
Received an SMS this morning to pick it up before 9AM, It had dropped right within the "zone" but they hadn't noticed because they rarely go outside!

Like any good Stryker should, it ended up aimed at one of the best landing sites possible! A stupidly large Conifier tree which it used to gently decelerate from Terminal Velocity!

However!

The damage is still significant to the airframe, Control surface hinges are all torn but all internals look good and more frustratingly THEY ALL WORK!
Battery is unscathed and still had good voltage in it, Servo movement is full and free, Motor Spins, Rx receives!!

I guess the conclusion of this grand inquest is that we have found the extreme range of a AR6100 park receiver when there are interfering surfaces in the way (Wires). I still have faith in the receivers but will choose my flying area's with better educated guess' now!

My thanks again to everyone that helped in the search, it was really appreciated.

The gluing commences!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg arborvitae.jpg Size: 130.73 KB  Downloads: 323

Great news,
Surprisingly good condition too considering the height she fell from.
Fantastic news about rx,batt servos etc.
As you say the gluing commences.....

Paul
ps any idea when we are doing next HC order?

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

HK after this weekends attrition Wink

In case you guys missed it, The Photo's from the Jet meet are up in our Gallery

Love the photos.
Especially like those last few pictures
of the F9F Panther.
One of my all time favorites.
Every time Fox Classics run the Korean War movie "The Bridges at Toko Ri"
I have to watch it just to see those jets in action.
Maybe one I'll buy a ducted fan version. Wink

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

The Panther looked sweet, Unfortunatley he was having troubles getting it to fly all of Saturday and only had it ready to go late Sunday, I waited the last 3hours just to see it!
Not to discourage you but the last time I saw an EDF Panther try to take off, this happened! (Photo's from Blacktown Electric FlyIn 2008)

Needless to say it didn't get much higher Frown

great photos mate
I'm sure Air Crash Investigation would like to see them
to work out cause of the accident Biggrin
We need a hard runway............. Wink

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

I'll be down at the field tomorrow morning from around 9ish. I was down there on Thursday and it was still a bit wet underfoot so don't be surprised if we have closed off driving down to the field or are parked differently than usual, just follow suit and you will be fine. Cya all there!

ill see ya down there Wink

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Sounds like everyone had a good day's flying today, sorry I did not make it down there. :|
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the new planes you guys have got up in the air - Kevin J, I think you have made a good choice with the Trojan. Parkzone make a good plane.
I will be down at the field tommorrow from 9-00am for those that would like to join me.
If the weather is favourable I might just take the Spit on it's maiden flight. Biggrin

I'll be there for sure.
I have to try and recover the Electrafun which is stuck about 30 meters up the
Electricity high tension mast.
Slight mishap I had this afternoon :roll:
Was going well until that bloody mast jumped right out in front of me.
Looking forward to seeing the Spitfire fly.
see you there.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

thanks chris im looking forward to maidening
ive filled out my forms now and looking forward to being a full fledged member, ill be absent tommorow as im in the cross right now and ill be under the weather in the morning and snow next week so week after that im there Smile
have fun 2morrow guys !

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Beautiful day flying folks, Good to be able to wring the cessna out but It fought me every step of the way! It just did not want to fly today!

Great bounce back from the Stryker, Had a nice relaxing fly on the arm chair and set a new personal endurance record of 29minutes! Really hanging to get a real glider now!

Hobbyking order going out tonight, let me know asap if you want something.

Thanks for the fly of your Stryker today Kieren. I feel like I'm actually a member now that I've had a fly. It's nice to watch people's planes flying around, but the fun's in doing the flying yourself. It was slightly stressful, partly as I haven't flown for some years now, and also knowing that your Stryker's been through a bit lately without me ploughing it into the ground! Looking forward to getting my plane airworthy. i'd better get on with it - hope to have it plane ready within a couple of weeks.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Anyone got a steamroller? Icon_evil Or a Shotgun! Icon_twisted

John and I visited the field today and sadly the runway has been rendered useless by the bike riders, they've pretty much torn up every available nice piece of grass that we had left.

Any suggestions on how we could fix this? I was thinking a nice wide 4wd tyre would flatten most of the damage but the risk is just making larger tracks I guess.

That really suxs :x
I don't think driving over will help probably make it worse.
The big job i have been working at Katoomba has a old concrete roller about 4 ft wide and hasn't moved for years in the thick of grass.
Might see if they want me to get rid of it for them as i don't think anyone uses it as its Gov job and in bush.
and they are trying to clean the place up.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

this is crap Icon_evil

damn what can we do to stop this.. :roll:

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxBa5bQfTGc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpVYSsc57g[/youtube]

I think Sentry guns are the answer, well I hope they are :mrgreen:

http://www.paintballsentry.com

lmao Lol
awesome, especially if it shot laxative darts

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Love it.................
Get me one. That would be ideal down the field. Icon_twisted
Seriously though, what's the go with the park rangers? Can't they fine the
little bastards? With all the space there is down there why do they cut up our area?
Maybe we should talk to them and tell them that we want to get along but if the field is continued
to be cut up we will hold them responsible and call the cops each time we see them in Mc Coy Park.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

I reckon a council looking sign post erected on the air field saying for prcac use persons damaging grounds face up $5000 fines or imprisonment. It may be a deterrent in the future. If not let the paint ball war begin.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

problem is finding out exactly who is doing it but mate.

you find out a name of who is responsible, i will arrange somebody to pop in for a visit, then we have no more problem. 8-)

but finding out who the hoon is...???

seriously tho , where do we stand with putting up some signs or something..?

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

I think the sticking point is that the area is a flood zone, the worry is that any erected sign or structure could potentially be swept away and become an obstruction or danger downstream. I think Darren's idea might be best, but I'm not going to put it in writing Wink

yeah you are right about the sign, and ill be interested in hearing darrens idea next weekend Wink

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hell has frozen over and this is what it looks like!

This thing wont just hunt heads, it will demolish your house!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1088709

I always had a interest in making a big foamie, One day maybe. Cool looking plane it will be good to see if he does a vid clip of maiden.

Weather forecast Gail wind for next couple of days was looking forward for tomorrows fly, as Sunday i have last game for my girls soccer team and picnic after wards. Frown
Hopefully it might be calm in the early morning ?

Yep, wind could be an issue tomorrow and Sunday, stay tuned to the forum and I'll give a report as soon as I get down to the field as to whether I'll be staying or not.

Do we need to organize a working bee this Saturday to repair the damage? Everyone to bring a shovel?

Now for a really big electric plane:

http://www.elektor.com/news/brushless-m ... paign=news

Hi all,
I'm very disappointed about the strip being cut up again by the motor bikes, we do need to do something, what I'm not sure.

As far as flying this W/E for me goes, I don't think I can make it down to the field. At best I may get a couple of hours late Sunday morning from 11-00am - I advise you if I do go.

Have a good fly for me.

In the first place i would suggest that tomorrow before flying we should organise some sort of working bee and/or a meeting to discuss how to tackle this problem. it is now getting beyond a joke that some hoom comes down undedected and "arranges" the strip and the surrounding areas with impunity!! :mrgreen:

Smile
Thread Closed