Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

yeah it would be safe to say we will be down at the "basin" at 11 weather permitting, so if not raining and anything less than last weeks wind and im flyin! Biggrin

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Fingers crossed guys! Might see you down there if I wake up early enough

So - how did it go? - Did anyone get some time in the air today?
Steve

Steve Murray

Yeps! Kevin J, Paul, Kevin B and Myself managed to get some flights in today before the wind picked up and blew the rain in. Will be down tomorrow morning weather depending...

kizza42 Wrote:Yeps! Kevin J, Paul, Kevin B and Myself managed to get some flights in today
Good - happy to hear that ...
kizza42 Wrote:before the wind picked up and blew the rain in. Will be down tomorrow morning weather depending...
... ah, yes, well - I hope so. I've seen two conflicting weather reports so far this evening: One indicated things would be better on Monday, the other said maybe Sunday but neither of them filled me with confidence. Just have to play this one by ear I guess.

Steve Murray

Terrible weather this morning! Doesnt make me feel too bad about not being able to make it down to the field today. Maybe tomorrow or Monday if anyone will be there

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Super dodgy weather today, forecast not too good either.

2152 UTC 02/10/09 AIRSERVICES AUSTRALIA
GENERAL MET MESSAGE BRIEFING

Prepared for: ROBFLIGHT

YSSY
IDN42903
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
NEW SOUTH WALES

SYDNEY AIRPORT WEATHER BRIEFING
ISSUED AT 1712Z ON THE 02/10/2009 [0312 ON THE 03/10/2009 LOCAL]

SYDNEY TAF: (THIS TAF MAY NOT BE THE LATEST ISSUE)
TAF AMD YSSY 021643Z 0218/0324
18020G30KT 5000 -SHRA SCT008 BKN015
FM030000 15020G30KT 9999 -SHRA SCT010 BKN025
FM031200 14015KT 9999 -SHRA FEW015 BKN025
TEMPO 0218/0222 3500 RA BKN005
TEMPO 0222/0312 3500 SHRA BKN010
INTER 0312/0324 4000 SHRA BKN010
RMK FM021800 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TILL031200
T 14 14 16 16 Q 1007 1010 1013 1013

TAF SUMMARY:
A LOW, CURRENTLY CROSSING HUNTER COAST FROM THE WEST, IS DIRECTING
FRESH TO STRONG SOUTHERLY AIRSTREAM OVER SYDNEY, BRINGING SHOWERS AND
LOW CLOUD. A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE, EXPECTED TO DEVELOP IN THE
SOUTHWESTERN TASMAN SEA, WILL CONTINUE PUSHING MOIST ONSHORE WINDS,
THOUGH SHOWERS SHOULD GRADUALLY EASE DURING AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL:
SLIGHT CHANCE WITHIN 20NM OF SYDNEY AIRPORT THIS MORNING, TILL 24Z.

OTHER POSSIBILITIES:
20% CHANCE OF RAIN REDUCING VISIBILITY LESS THAN 2500M BEFORE 24Z.
10% CHANCE OF AN EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORM WITHIN 5NM OF SYDNEY AIRPORT,
BEFORE 23Z.

SYDNEY OUTLOOK:
SUNDAY : A FEW SHOWERS. CITY MAX: 19
MONDAY : SHOWER OR TWO. CITY MAX: 20

Yeah, will give it a miss for now but will re evaluate at 8:30 tomorrow and monday. Fingers crossed, Go the Eels!

Me too.
Don't want to get my shiny new "Gunfighter" all wet and dirty. Smile
Let's see what tomorrow and Monday brings.
Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Cr#p! Was looking forward to finally getting my plane airbourne. Another weekend of of dodgy weather! Am going away overnight tomorrow. Might be able to sneak away for a short time tomorrow morning but there's no guarentee that the weather will be any better then. Ah well, we'll see I guess.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

I take it that there was no hardy flier tried their luck this morning? Smile
Guess the field will be pretty slippery after all that overnight rain.
Good day for a sleep in.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Gday All

I almost went down this morning however there has been persistent very light rain all day. I am not sure how much moisture a motor would ingest in conditions like this however suspect it would not be good.
We had consistent medium rainfall all last night so the field is probably a swamp.

The wind has backed around to a northerly and it is clearing up a bit, I am going to assess in an hour or two and may go for a quickie fly if this stoopid annoying on /off drizzle has stopped.

Cheers
Rob B

You're right Paul - I had a look out the window upstairs at about 9:30am and although there was no wind, I could see a fair bit of water on the field. It didn't look good for vehicular access. Even just now, I can see a large number of water-birds prancing about, nearby our runway. Anyone into seaplanes?

Steve Murray

robair Wrote:... I am going to assess in an hour or two and may go for a quickie fly if this stoopid annoying on /off drizzle has stopped.
Well Rob, make sure you wear a pair of gum-boots or similar.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

Whats going on, i come back and all i see is rain and huge puddles everywhere temp is down 15 degrees, i had to put a jumper on.
Doesn't look good for tomorrows outing for a fly.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Gday Steve

The weather has been crap here all the weekend, it was looking a little better this morning however has just started to lightly rain as I type this.
I am going to head down, weather permitting, at approx 0930hrs and to try and sneak a couple of flights in.
Gumby boots are ready!!!

Cheers
Rob B

I will see to how weather pans out, and may join you. as its sprinkling here at moment.
I guess one good thing is daylight savings has kicked in, so late afternoon meets are possible, rather solely
relying on weekend days to Fly.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Gday Steve
Rain dribbling pointlessly down, still hopeful things will be ok'ish in 1/2 hr or so

Packed the Funjet and Hopper and heading down for a drive and fly hopefully shortly after breaky.
Steve

Good luck guys.
Hope you don't get bogged.
I'm giving it a miss again this morning as I've started
painting Kev's T28 and want to finish it today if possible.
Also got Ryan with us this weekend and if I bring him down
we all know where he will play.... In the puddles Smile
I'm also waiting on a replacement shaft for my Cessna motor from HC.
I did not realize it was so bad when she took the hit a couple weeks ago.
I just went ahead and ordered it myself on Friday as it was all I wanted and wasn't sure
when next group order would be going in.
Hope I see it before next weekend.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Gday All

The sun is shining, or trying to. I will be leaving in 1/2 hour or so, just have to settle my daughter down first.

Cheers
Rob B

flying ok down at field on mobile

Hi Rob Here are the specs on that Motor, i bought That motor off Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emax-2215-20-1200kv-...634.c0.m14

Steve

Just back from an overnight trip away. Popped down to the field around midday but sad to find no one around. Considered removing the prop from my Glider and doing some glide tests off the hill at the other end of the field (slight breeze was blowing in that direction), but decided not to bother.
...Anyone going down later this afternoon?

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

johnjelovic Wrote:Just back from an overnight trip away. Popped down to the field around midday but sad to find no one around. Considered removing the prop from my Glider and doing some glide tests off the hill at the other end of the field (slight breeze was blowing in that direction), but decided not to bother.
...Anyone going down later this afternoon?

Hi John Sorry we missed you Rob and I left about 11-30, the weather was great but i had to leave around 11-30 as had some err-ons to do.
But i am keen to go again Today but weather looks like its changing again, wind has picked up slightly.

Edited ( As i wrote this its started sprinkling at my place, keen, not sure what its going to be like at field))

Starting to rain here as well. Checked Rain Radar - lots of rain around. That's it for this weekend. Hope to see you guys next weekend.

John Jelovic

back from canberra, dont think i missed much this weekend..

so lets see some sun this week and we might get a big turn out next weekend Wink

cant wait to fly my V8 trojan again Biggrin

hey also dunno if anyone is interested but there is a cheap 30 dollar bench grinder at aldi this week(starting thursday), i havent got one so im gonna pick one up to grind down the heatsink on my funjet motor to fit the stick mount..

if everything goes well i should have that ready for maiden next weekend also.. 8-)

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Ooh! Bench grinder! Its not on the website, where did you see it?

Hi Kieran,
It's in the catalogue in the stores.
Going on sale this Thursday for $29.95
Looks alright too. It includes 2 stone wheels, (one white the other grey)
Did you go down the field today?

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

The problem with grinders and aluminiun is that the aluminiun usually cloggs up the wheel , a usefull alternative is the disk sander.
https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Linis ... nk=leftbar
https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Disc- ... nk=leftbar

You can get them as a stand alone unit or as an attachment to install on grinder.
https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Linishing-Attachments

Ryobi have a nice small stand alone unit which sells for a bit over $100, it works well on balsa wood and foam.

Also I have access to a small machine mill which is great for milling away aluminium and gives a much better finish, happy to help out a club member. Although I guess 'A grinder in the garage is worth 2 mills at someone else's place'.

Servo
Thread Closed