Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gone to a good home already, you have to quick at this price! Dehavilland Gypsy Moth.

I no longer have the need for a DeHavilland Gypsy Moth.

This model is about 60 inch wing span & was fitted with an Enya 80, 4 stroke glow engine (removed) although it was designed for a 40 size glow engine. The engine mounted on a Bakelite plate which screws to wooden bearers. You would have to remove the top deck & make a hatch for the battery pack where the fuel tank currently lives.

It was built from a DB Models kit & I have seen an electric conversion done with a geared 700 size brushed motor. It's an easy, slow flyer & very draggy so it can get into & out of small fields. You will have to decide what size electric motor, speedy & battery to fit.

It's fitted with 4 bog standard full size servos (Airtronics/Sanwa, a Japanese brand of similar quality to JR or Futaba) which were new when fitted to this model. It would be easier if they were left in place as the linkages are all established & all I ask is for the new owner to supply me with 4 new similar quality servos (standard JR, Futaba or Hitec.) Let me know if you are interested on 0409 044 724.

Thanks, JohnC.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread