Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Archive: Flying this Weekend... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Archive: Flying this Weekend... (/showthread.php?tid=136)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - dingy - 04-10-2014

(04-10-2014, 08:38 PM)TopGun Wrote:  Is anyone flying MCcoy tomorrow?

I'm not flying but will going down Approx 10.00am to 11.30am to hand out MAAA & Club ID cards.

Will not be attending Monday, or next Weekend

Ingo

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 04-10-2014

I hope to be there early

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Steven - 05-10-2014

Anyone having a crack monday, wind permitting?

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Chris Mc - 05-10-2014

I'll be there by 9, if not before Steven.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Steven - 05-10-2014

Coolness Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 10-10-2014

The weekend is upon us again with fine weather & almost calm winds.
I will be opening up about 8.30 as usual.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 24-10-2014

I will be opening the field approx. 8.30 tomorrow. Looks like good flying conditions windwise but a small chance of rain.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - riblit - 24-10-2014

This has been a bad month for me. Some sort of virus at the beginning of the month and then the car away getting a heater core replaced. I just got it back but have to help the grandson move tomorrow.

Some months I just can't take a trick.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 24-10-2014

I hope to be there earlyish

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 25-10-2014

I am golfing tomorrow but I imagine there will be somebody there to open tomorrow. Regular opening is 8.30 - 9.00. Have a good day flying guys, safe landings.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 31-10-2014

Willy (and other sources) are suggesting things are going to be a bit of a shitstorm tomorrow ... Sunday might promise more, depending upon the rain we get tomorrow night. I guess checking the conditions early tomorrow is the go, but I'm bracing for the worst Frown

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 31-10-2014

I intend looking at the outside weather tree tomorrow, but I imagine I will see it's branches moving wildly (windy). Forecast starts at 25kph gradually increasing flying difficulty to peak at 50kph at 11am. Did I mention the 65% chance of showers or the 35deg heat. What a pretty picture to paint.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - symowallo - 31-10-2014

Yep, it's not looking good for tomorrow. Provided the strip can soak up the predicted rain, Sunday sounds like the go.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 01-11-2014

The weather gauge tree is waving it's limbs,
giving today's warning for any flying whims.
At 6am it was 25 degrees and climbing,
our comfort in flying will be surely declining.
So for myself, I'll be giving flying a miss,
and stay at home in air conditioned bliss.
Tomorrow's forecast is a little less wild,
with temps & wind set only to mild.
If predicted rain is absorbed by the grass,
tomorrow is the day you can get off your chair.
(sorry couldn't find a word to rhyme with grass)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - helijeli - 01-11-2014

Thanks for your report
and your humouress wit,
I also look forward to
weather less ...nasty
(also had trouble rhyming "wit" ...??)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 02-11-2014

Not going to be the calmest of days but a good pilot can handle 25k winds. I might even dare to punch a few holes in the sky today. I intend opening 8.30ish, see all you keen daredevils there.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 03-11-2014

I had a geat morning !!
managed to get in 10 flights with the rarebear, weather or not it will be enough to make a difference at Marulan we'll have to wait and see, conditions were certainly chalanging early on

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 07-11-2014

Glorious weather predicted for tomorrow. All club minded pilots should gather their energy & help out with bushcare tomorrow. I will be there about 8.00am ish. Non-club minded pilots are welcome to join in too as there will be no flying whilst work underway.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - brotherblonde - 07-11-2014

I'd love to come down,
But alas I must say,
I'm doing some training,
And will be away.

That's the only thing I can think of that rhymes. Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 07-11-2014

Glad to hear from you BB, thought you must have forgotten to fly back to Sydney. Hope you get to come to the field sometime and visit your old friends.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 07-11-2014

See you there Wayne, I'll probably have the boys with me tomorrow, so I'll have to keep an eye on them as well

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 08-11-2014

My apologies for not turning up today, Margaret's mum passed away last night & we both are rather upset.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - brotherblonde - 13-11-2014

Thanks Wayne. Definitely will come down when I can. I've been drinking from a fire hose lately doing the A380 command endorsement. A few weeks to go and I'll be let loose on the world. Smile I'm looking forward to catching up with y'all again. Oh, and do some "real" flying. Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 14-11-2014

Forecast is so far excellent for flying conditions tomorrow with wind under 10 kph & temps predicted at 25 deg c. I am aiming to be at the field between 8.00 & 8.30. See you all there. Wind is not so friendly on Sunday 10kph at 8.00am, hitting 20 kph by 11am & increasing from then.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 15-11-2014

My wind gauge tree appears motionless and Willy says 0 kph as real-time speed. Yet the forecast graph says 8kph at 7am. So much for accuracy.
Current graph shows 15k winds by 10am and increasing so get yourselves to the field early if you have wind sensitive planes to fly. I have my new PA Extra mx to maiden so I will be following my own advice.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - helijeli - 15-11-2014

I feel ripped off.
Forecast last night was for moderate winds up to 35km\hr, so made the executive decision to give flying a miss. Was no wind here at Cherrybrook at 9am and now at 11:30, still only light winds. Ah well, had a good sleep in at least.

Looks like you missed the boat JJ, never mind you can bring the boat tomorrow. Willy suggests 80% chance of 5-10mm rain in the morning. 10mm of rain is enough to flood our field. Chris Mc has a suitable amphibious plane for that and we can all bring our umbrellas & gumboots to watch him battle the current & winds.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Chris Mc - 15-11-2014

(15-11-2014, 03:50 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Looks like you missed the boat JJ, never mind you can bring the boat tomorrow. Willy suggests 80% chance of 5-10mm rain in the morning. 10mm of rain is enough to flood our field. Chris Mc has a suitable amphibious plane for that and we can all bring our umbrellas & gumboots to watch him battle the current & winds.

Sorry Wayne, already decided to have an R&R day, rest and repair. But it does love water lol.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - disoriented - 15-11-2014

How did the Extra maiden go Wayne? I'm kinda upset that I didn't get to see it fly today. The preschool had a working bee, and I couldn't get out of it in good conscience Smile

Had 3 good flights, but it likes to roll when looping. Probably because I did not get the horizontal stab parallel with main wing. May have to mix aileron with elevator.