Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Archive: Flying this Weekend... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Archive: Flying this Weekend... (/showthread.php?tid=136)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 06-04-2012

I'm Happy to throw on a Mini Bbq Tommorow for Breakfast if we get enough People Down.

Post Up if Your Heading Down Tommorow Morning.

Steve Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 06-04-2012

Sure thing Steve, we'll be there!

Edit: Um, looks like we're expecting a furniture delivery tomorrow "some time between 9:30am and 10:30am" ... so we won't get there until after that happens.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Skidz - 06-04-2012

I'm there.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Claudius - 06-04-2012

BBQ breakfast? I'm in!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Skidz - 06-04-2012

(06-04-2012, 04:48 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Edit: Um, looks like we're expecting a furniture delivery tomorrow "some time between 9:30am and 10:30am" ... so we won't get there until after that happens.

Tell me what you would have ordered from the hot plate and I will tell you what it tastes like!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Servo - 06-04-2012

Sounds good, I'll be there.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Stuka - 06-04-2012

Me too!!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 06-04-2012

I can smell the sausages already, my favourite meat, count me in.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 06-04-2012

(06-04-2012, 08:56 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Tell me what you would have ordered from the hot plate and I will tell you what it tastes like!
That's what mates are for!

@Wayne - got a propeller to return to you tomorrow too mate, thanks again :-)

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - ConcreteTurtle - 07-04-2012

Late reply, but I'll be along.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 07-04-2012

Breakfast at prcac is ready

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - Flying fisho - 07-04-2012

And breakfast was eagerly snapped up by the hungry hoardes. Many thanks for your efforts & generosity Steve, your gesture is truly appreciated & a fine example of the spirit of our club.
Cheers & hoooraaaah

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 07-04-2012

Will anyone open up the gate tomorrow morning??
The weather looks perfect and I have the day to my self Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 08-04-2012

I'm heading down to the field now Smile

Indoor at Menai Saturday Night - srl - 13-04-2012

Just got a call from Ian a pylon flyer.

The Council has just taken over the night.

http://www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/Recreation/Menai_Indoor_Sports_Centre/School_Holiday_Program

Used to go about two years ago when ti was Hstore. Its a large area. Also a Cafe and remote car drifting up stairs.

Here's a youtube in its better days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBKylVDRhk
One night that guy from Canberra gave me a flying lesson.
srl

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 14-04-2012

Looks like another cracker of a day tomorrow. I will be opening up at about 8.30.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 15-04-2012

Yes, you're right this time Gazz - it's ideal.
See you over there soon!

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 17-04-2012

Looks like a "building weekend" coming up.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 17-04-2012

That's outragious could be up to 8 inches of rain before the weekend Frown
Looks like a I might have to get the float plane out

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 17-04-2012

(17-04-2012, 11:23 AM)secant0give Wrote:  That's outragious could be up to 8 inches of rain before the weekend Frown
Looks like a I might have to get the float plane out

We Will get to see Gazz's water Icon Plane In Action at Prcac if it gets Worse.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 17-04-2012

Perhaps we'll have a seaplane and flying boat, fly in at McCoy field on friday afternoon ??

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - smuzz - 20-04-2012

Went up to Hobbies in the Hills today to see if I could resist buying a model or two (finally successful with that) ... and had a chat to Seen who was working there. He suggested a trip to the Vineyard airfield this weekend, which is one of the two locations that the Hawkesbury Club have access to. This used to be the home field of SRCS before they were asked to move along by the road-freighting company that owned the field. Seen told us that they have 7-day a week access and no noise restrictions there at all - might be worth a visit.

Here's a map ...

... so you drive westward along Old Windsor Road, until you take a left at Bandon Road, follow it up past the Vinyard railway station, over the level crossing, down the hill heading south-west on a dirt road until you run out of road completely. At that point, there's a gate on your left with a sign and a 'phone number you can call so that someone can drive back and open up. You can see the flying area at the bottom left of the map in the rounded-rectangle.

Thinking about going out there tomorrow - if anyone else is interested then please post here. We can get out there and show 'em our club polo shirts Wink

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - secant0give - 20-04-2012

Steve your a genious!!
I reckon I shall try to get a leave pass for tomorrow and have my shirt clean and pressed Smile

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - samste - 20-04-2012

Will it be open Tommorow at Vineyard ? , and what Time are any thinking of going as it would be a good thing to all try and meet at gate at once or they may get annoyed opening many times.

I was thinking Pemac but i'm cool with What ever, as long as i have a plane in the Air giving my lipo's a workout.

Steve

That was what I was thinking too, Steve - would be better if those of us who were interested to meet up at a given time. I don't know how many of the Hawkesbury members are likely to be there, but Seen did say that he'd be going out.

Maybe if we met up at say, 9:30am at the gate?...

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - chrism - 20-04-2012

Hi Guys,
Those going to Vineyard have a good time, I intend on heading out ot PEMAC tomorrow but unsure on time given that it is meant to be foggy in the morning.

Happy flying.
ChrisM

I'm Still Un decided Guy's with where to Fly Tommorow, either will be at 9:30 at Vineyard or 9:30 at Pemac Both look Good at The Moment.

Steve Smile

Whatever suits you Steve - don't feel obliged to do the Vineyard thing as it's a bit speculative, and PEMAC is pretty much a sure bet.
Junior and I might go to Vineyard first and if it's no-go there, proceed on to Hart field.

RE: Sticky: Flying this Weekend... - gbanger - 20-04-2012

I will be joining those heading out to PEMAC

(20-04-2012, 09:49 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Whatever suits you Steve - don't feel obliged to do the Vineyard thing as it's a bit speculative, and PEMAC is pretty much a sure bet.
Junior and I might go to Vineyard first and if it's no-go there, proceed on to Hart field.

Yeh i Think i may just head to Pemac Tommorow Steve m, lets hope weather is good.

Steve